Cast iron deep dish

This week was the 1st time I've seen yeast at the grocery store, picked up a few packets. This thread got me going so I made us a cast iron pizza for lunch/dinner. It was/is the best we've had since before the flu started. The dough came out great, Rec Tec 340 pellet smoker, 25 minutes to 600 degrees, at least according to the grills internal probe. I can't tell any difference between this pizza and doing the same on the Genesis on high.

pizza.jpg

Here is a link to the pizza i based my recipe on. Preheat the cast iron till its ripping hot. I have found it the best way to get crispy top and bottom.

This week was the 1st time I've seen yeast at the grocery store, picked up a few packets. This thread got me going so I made us a cast iron pizza for lunch/dinner. It was/is the best we've had since before the flu started. The dough came out great, Rec Tec 340 pellet smoker, 25 minutes to 600 degrees, at least according to the grills internal probe. I can't tell any difference between this pizza and doing the same on the Genesis on high.

View attachment 5944
That looks good!!!!

IMG_4183.JPG
Finally figured out how to post a pic!

Attachments

• IMG_4450.JPG
    IMG_4450.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 1
Going camping this weekend. Think I'll give this a try using the CampMaid 4in1 utilizing the upside down DO lid and the DO as the oven. should be interesting!

Back