Cars Cars Cars

Sunbeam Alpine with a Ford 289 (Tiger?) had a hole in the firewall to access spark plug on one side.
I had a '69 Road Runner that had one of the spark plugs right against the steering column. One of them had to be moved to get it out.

I ended up placing my hand on the ground, rolling over the rocker panel, and spilling out onto the driveway in a most unprofessional manner.
That's actually a pretty good way to get out of a 1970s Camaro or Firebird, although the hand is placed on the rocker panel/door sill instead of the ground. If it's done right you spin out of the car and land on your feet with enough momentum to break into a brisk walk.

Last edited:
I happened to drive by a used car lot this morning. An '86 Fiero GT was sitting out by the curb. Claimed under 50k miles, looked like great shape, slushbox unfortunately, and asking $15k. Probably a darned good thing that I'm not in a position to buy it.

Got the new wheels and tires on the Fiero awhile back and drove it home today. I installed cap/rotor/plugs/wires/PCV/filters over the winter and it's running pretty good, but I need to keep burning off the old gas and replacing it with fresh.

Oh, and it needs a new exhaust system now, too. I was at a stoplight less than a mile into the drive when the exhaust pitch changed, and when I stepped on the gas it was obvious that the muffler had blown (confirmed when I got home). I knew it was questionable when I bought the car and was planning on replacing it and the catalytic converter anyway, so it just means the timetable's moved up. And then I can starting driving it around and looking for barbecue joints!

After the muffler failed I should've driven it to Larry's house and revved then engine a few times.:LOL:

IMG950581.jpg

Got the new wheels and tires on the Fiero awhile back and drove it home today. I installed cap/rotor/plugs/wires/PCV/filters over the winter and it's running pretty good, but I need to keep burning off the old gas and replacing it with fresh.

Oh, and it needs a new exhaust system now, too. I was at a stoplight less than a mile into the drive when the exhaust pitch changed, and when I stepped on the gas it was obvious that the muffler had blown (confirmed when I got home). I knew it was questionable when I bought the car and was planning on replacing it and the catalytic converter anyway, so it just means the timetable's moved up. And then I can starting driving it around and looking for barbecue joints!

After the muffler failed I should've driven it to Larry's house and revved then engine a few times.:LOL:

View attachment 91365
To what end? I already have people like that here. Beside, I'd just pull the Kubota out, turn up the fuel and roll coal on it

Oh, and it needs a new exhaust system now, too. I was at a stoplight less than a mile into the drive when the exhaust pitch changed, and when I stepped on the gas it was obvious that the muffler had blown (confirmed when I got home).
I blew out the catalytic converter on my '84 GT on a trip from MI to TN, back to IL and home, on the way down. I'd just parked at the hotel after short shifting for quite a while when a big burly TN state trooper hitched up his gun belt and said to to me "What part of Michigan you from, boy?" Turns out his inlaws came from the central part of the Lower Peninsula and was just making friendly conversation. That could have gone a whole lot worse.

I spotted a NICE '86 GT on a lot a few weeks ago, only something like 56k showing on the odometer. Asking price was $16k. No, that ain't happenin' right now.

You can find yourself a nice driver for 1/3 or maybe even 1/4 of that. Keep your eyes peeled.

big burly TN state trooper hitched up his gun belt and said to to me "What part of Michigan you from, boy?" Turns out his inlaws came from the central part of the Lower Peninsula and was just making friendly conversation. That could have gone a whole lot worse.
"I'm gonna barbecue your A** in MOLASSES!";)

You can find yourself a nice driver for 1/3 or maybe even 1/4 of that. Keep your eyes peeled.

"I'm gonna barbecue your A** in MOLASSES!";)
As much as I'd like to have one again....... I'm between employment right now and cash flow is a bit of an issue. :)

A GT with a Cadillac Northstar conversion.......unfortunately, those tiny little 14" rims don't really have big stoppin' brakes.

Towing that big trailer? That's awfully impressive.

If I may politely offer a suggestion, always run Dodge/Cummins oil and both fuel filters. These common rail engines are very sensitive to fuel quality, and in years past, oil filters had a problem of coming apart under 80psi oil pressure. Personally (I have a '12 with a 6spd stick,) for the price of OEM filters compared to the cost of a long block or injectors (about $600 EACH,) I will always run the OEM filters.
Correct a good friend was a truck mech. And he pointed me in that direction, for a few dallors more you sleep better. And he told me to add Hot Shots in every tank you can feel and see the difference. The 2015 only had 850 lbs of torque. My buds 2021 has around a 1000, it is a beast. I love the Cummings. All trucks have there good a bad points, but this truck has a killer stereo 700 watts 10 speakers and a CD player. Makes getting stuck in slow traffic much better.
But with Brandon's economy, the days of 25 bucks a night at most parks is long gone, the wife and I have seen so many great sights in this country, and being 72 I sold this whole rig a few months ago. I got a good price,but then you must purchase a way over priced replacement. Such is life.
I do miss it, I a great ride with a outstanding veiw of the world from up there....

I’m a fan of cars and motorcycles.
We are downsizing to keep just one car and one truck.
I sold my Suburban and Corvette about a year ago.
I’m plan on getting rid of this soon.IMG_0657.jpeg

This is a Sky Red Line.
Nothing really special but not a bad car by any means.
I bought it new for the wife when she had a 5 mile work commute.
We just keep it stored in the garage and only use it occasionally.

I spent most of my adolescent and adult life dreaming about the sports cars and whatnot ... Swore that before I died I would own a 911 Turbo. Now at 51 I'm living a new dream.

PXL_20231220_222339450.jpg

PXL_20231220_222330505.jpg

32' toy hauler to haul this...

PXL_20231219_193544458.jpg

PXL_20231219_194859256.jpg

ClubCar Onward lifted AC

PXL_20231228_184754755.jpg

Pulled with my Infiniti QX80 AWD.

We spend our empty nest free weekends at the Disneyworld Wilderness RV Park.

PXL_20231229_190624213.jpg

My younger self couldn't even have fathomed what I've become and what's become cool to me now. Lol.

I spent most of my adolescent and adult life dreaming about the sports cars and whatnot ... Swore that before I died I would own a 911 Turbo. Now at 51 I'm living a new dream.

View attachment 91484

View attachment 91481

32' toy hauler to haul this...

View attachment 91482

View attachment 91485

ClubCar Onward lifted AC

View attachment 91483

Pulled with my Infiniti QX80 AWD.

We spend our empty nest free weekends at the Disneyworld Wilderness RV Park.

View attachment 91486

My younger self couldn't even have fathomed what I've become and what's become cool to me now. Lol.
Excuse my ignorance. The club car parks inside the 5th wheel?

Excuse my ignorance. The club car parks inside the 5th wheel?
I'd bet it does. The 5th wheel is commonly referred to as a "toy hauler." Someone I use to go offroading with had a toy hauler with a sufficiently reinforced floor (and I suspect slid the axles back a bit,) for a full size tube framed buggy.

I'd bet it does. The 5th wheel is commonly referred to as a "toy hauler." Someone I use to go offroading with had a toy hauler with a sufficiently reinforced floor (and I suspect slid the axles back a bit,) for a full size tube framed buggy.
Some 5th wheels and trailers are toy haulers and some are not. If the back has a big ramp/door it is a toy hauler and it's designed for that.

Some 5th wheels and trailers are toy haulers and some are not. If the back has a big ramp/door it is a toy hauler and it's designed for that.
Unfortunately, by my observations, most toy haulers are built to haul dirt bikes, quads, and really nothing bigger than a small side by side. The toy hauler my friend had was uncommon with a significantly reinforced floor. I don't recall (it was 20+ years ago,) if it was a special order, or an uncommon model. I would not make the assumption that it's safe to haul a full size buggy just because it's a toy hauler. Then again, I doubt that most people would even consider a full size buggy in a toy hauler, a race trailer would make more sense.

Back