Cars Cars Cars

Unfortunately, by my observations, most toy haulers are built to haul dirt bikes, quads, and really nothing bigger than a small side by side. The toy hauler my friend had was uncommon with a significantly reinforced floor. I don't recall (it was 20+ years ago,) if it was a special order, or an uncommon model. I would not make the assumption that it's safe to haul a full size buggy just because it's a toy hauler. Then again, I doubt that most people would even consider a full size buggy in a toy hauler, a race trailer would make more sense.
Mine isn't even a 5th wheel, just a pull behind travel trailer and it has a rated cargo capacity of a little over 4,000 pounds. Even the heftiest side by side is around 2500ish pounds or something around there. My lifted Onward is a little heavy for a golf cart but only comes in around 1200 pounds. Most toy haulers are going to have that 4000-5000 pound cargo rating.

I have a friend that has a wedding/party/catering/ DJ type business.
He has something similar for his business.
It hauls all his gear like photo booths, chairs, tables and food to events.
He uses it as a somewhat fancy camper for about all of his vacations.
Yes, I said fancy. Those can get rather fancy imo.
Seems like such an easy write off too.

I have a friend that has a wedding/party/catering/ DJ type business.
He has something similar for his business.
It hauls all his gear like photo booths, chairs, tables and food to events.
He uses it as a somewhat fancy camper for about all of his vacations.
Yes, I said fancy. Those can get rather fancy imo.
Seems like such an easy write off too.
Yeah, ours has a tankless water heater, two separately thermostat controlled AC units, solar panels for keeping the battery charged when not hooked up, and encapsulated tanks that won't freeze in cold weather. And, ours is basically an entry level model. The 5th wheels and large coaches get really fancy. We don't really "camp." lol It's more just a nice way to travel with all our own stuff, our dogs, and our golf cart.

Oh, and the irony is that there are times I look at my whole setup and think to myself, that's about the cost of a Porsche 911 Turbo. lol. Again, younger me would be ashamed, I'm sure.

Mine isn't even a 5th wheel, just a pull behind travel trailer and it has a rated cargo capacity of a little over 4,000 pounds. Even the heftiest side by side is around 2500ish pounds or something around there. My lifted Onward is a little heavy for a golf cart but only comes in around 1200 pounds. Most toy haulers are going to have that 4000-5000 pound cargo rating.
My buddy's tube buggy was over 4,000 lbs. by itself. Jeep 4.7l stroker, AW4 auto, twin stick transfer case, and Dana 60 axles fore & aft. Monster buggy, but heavy.

Buggy, in all it's glory: https://chixjeff.dnsalias.net/BOTW_2005/Quartzsite/Fist Full of Dollars/tn/img_2815.jpg.index.html Feel free to scroll through the whole album. That was a good trip.

My buddy's tube buggy was over 4,000 lbs. by itself. Jeep 4.7l stroker, AW4 auto, twin stick transfer case, and Dana 60 axles fore & aft. Monster buggy, but heavy.

Buggy, in all it's glory: https://chixjeff.dnsalias.net/BOTW_2005/Quartzsite/Fist Full of Dollars/tn/img_2815.jpg.index.html Feel free to scroll through the whole album. That was a good trip.
Oh yeah, that's a car man. lol. Toy hauler is definitely for toys. Typically a side by side, a golf cart, or even two Harleys can comfortably be hauled.

If we're ever travelling without the cart I might just take my Summit Kamado and my standalone griddle in the camper. lol. Just sayin

2500 or 3500 SRW? Gas, diesel, slush box, hand shaker? :)
3500 SRW Diesel, 6 speed auto 4 WD, love the 6.7 so smooth. More than I can say for the 80 psi tires..... the hitch weight is 1100 lbs fully loaded I am conservatively guessing 17 to 18000 if the wife has most of her shoes on board...

My daily driver, but it sure is fun. Stage 1 tune, about 260ish hp. 2011 that I like to keep well polished. 6 speed manual

Attachments

• PXL_20240427_190754376.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240427_190754376.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 6

Back