Carne asada tacos

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Dang good price. Costco Business Center buy today.

1691881848034.jpeg

Tacos are for tomorrow dinner with wife’s co-teacher.

More pics to follow as I’ll marinate this tonight. Have a full day meeting tomorrow so not a lot of time to play with food tomorrow.

Sorry for the tease.

Well, not sorry 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Cryovac broken down. Made 3 5# sacks after trimming. $9.45# after trimming. Very reasonable price. I think last time I bought this cryo, flap was above $11#.

Marinated one sack, in a work bowl first, and then somehow got it all to fit in a one gallon ziplock. I’d call this space maximization as I barely had to burp the bag with the meat and marinade in it.

This will get cooked off tomorrow evening for dinner. I think we’re 7 adults total.

I bought street taco size corn tortillas and fajita sized flour tortillas.

I’ll whip up a fresh salsa roja and make some guacamole and MX rice. And some adult beverages will be served and enjoyed.

Feels good to make MX food again. It’s been over a month.

1691903725548.jpeg

1691903747617.jpeg

More to come later tomorrow. Very full day, starting early Sunday. Cheers!

I have never heard of or seen Flap meat!! What’s it similar to? I normally use Skirt or Flank
Skirt, not flank. Skirt is fattier and juicier. Flap is nearly identical to skirt. Cooked over direct coals for a sear and flipped and flipped and pulled at medium rare and rested. Then slice across the grain into thin slices or then cut a second time into smaller bite sized pieces. Juicy, flavorful and flap takes and holds marinades very well.

Flank is more stringy and drier with less fat in the muscle. I’ve moved away from flank years ago unless I want a steak sandwich, and even then still, tritips make superb steak sandwiches.

here’s a link to a previous carne asada cook for your reference:

Cryovac broken down. Made 3 5# sacks after trimming. $9.45# after trimming. Very reasonable price. I think last time I bought this cryo, flap was above $11#.

Marinated one sack, in a work bowl first, and then somehow got it all to fit in a one gallon ziplock. I’d call this space maximization as I barely had to burp the bag with the meat and marinade in it.

This will get cooked off tomorrow evening for dinner. I think we’re 7 adults total.

I bought street taco size corn tortillas and fajita sized flour tortillas.

I’ll whip up a fresh salsa roja and make some guacamole and MX rice. And some adult beverages will be served and enjoyed.

Feels good to make MX food again. It’s been over a month.

View attachment 76955

View attachment 76956

More to come later tomorrow. Very full day, starting early Sunday. Cheers!
Your family and friends are sure lucky to have you! (y):)

Looks really good, I appreciated the knife skills on those onions.......it's not even 8 yet and I am already here getting my hunger on for the next 5 hours or so.....

Looks really good, I appreciated the knife skills on those onions.......it's not even 8 yet and I am already here getting my hunger on for the next 5 hours or so.....
Thanks. But I needed to move fast last evening as my day ran long. I used the food processor to make the salsa and to then chop the white onion for cilantro onion topping.

The minced onion was actually a really nice change. I’ll do it again this way in the future.

Tacos were great though. Big hit with the guests.

Back