Carne asada tacos

Well I for one, can never see too many taco photos! Some scoop on the marinade would be appreciated.
this was similar to previous versions. here's what was in this one specifically:

5# trimmed flap steak
soy sauce
pinch of salt
black pepper
gran garlic
gran onion
cumin
chili flakes
chili powder
hot chili powder
rubbed oregano (rubbed in the palm of your hand to break it down some)
4 Tbs pineapple frozen concentrate
splash of ACV
neutral oil

mix all the ingredients in a large work bowl, massage and incorporate al the ingredients across the beef for even dispersion.

place the beef in a 1 gal ziplock and pour over the marinade into the bag with the beef. refrigerate and marinate over night but not more than 24 hours.

because this is a longer marinate time, i used less pineapple frozen concentrate than i usually would AND i added the splash of the ACV which helps the pineapple concentrate fully marinate the meat.

seared somewhat quickly on each side and then moved to indirect. pull temps from the grill ranged 135F to 141F. let the meat rest 5-10 minutes then slice across the grain and slice again if wanting smaller beef pieces that fit better into a taco.

post pics and feedback if you make this. carne asada is a huge hit at my mouse. leftovers make for more tacos, burritos and taco bowls.

I like the use of pineapple concentrate in your cooks Brett, DIL would love it as long as I don’t tell her it’s there! She can’t stand coconut or pineapple! Interesting to me since she almost does the pee pee dance when I make my curry chicken!

Back