Carne Asada P-Tenderloin

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I had a pork tenderloin (from Wild Fork Foods) that needed to be cooked up today, so this morning I decided on Carne Asada.

I used the marinade from THIS THREAD, trimmed the fat and silver skin, then dropped the tenderloin in to soak for the day (reserving half of the "marinade".) I fired the pellet grill with Grill Grates up to 500F, and pulled the pork out to lose a bit of the fridge chill (at this time, I also removed the excess marinade from the pork.)

Once the grill was ready, I dropped the pork on the hot GG's. After 2.5 minutes, I did a 90 degree turn, waited 2.5 minutes, and then flipped the pork. Did this again for the next 5 minutes, then dropped the grill to 250, and move the pork to the non-GG grates.....and it looked FINE!

1648954153256.jpeg

About 12 minutes later, it temped at about 143F in the coolest spot, so I pulled it and took a not so great picture in the fading twilight....

1648954184984.jpeg

Sliced on the bias, and plated up with some air fryer Brussels sprouts (and some of the reserved marinade on the side for some extra flavor punch).....

1648954221959.jpeg

Man, this turned out so good! Great flavor, the WFF tenderloin was of great quality, and each bite was tender/juicy/tasty! The reserved marinade as an extra flavor component put the whole thing over the top.

These put good eats to shame!!! These were GREAT eats!

Rich

looks great, tell me more about the air fryer Brussels, we don’t use our AF too much and we love Brussel Sprouts!
First time for me to use the AF for Brussels, worked well. Quartered sprouts seasoned with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder. AF preheated to 375F. 5 minutes, then shake/flip, 5 more minutes, shake/flip again, 2-4 more minutes until they are your desired color/crisp. I think the key is not to try to do too many. I would imagine crowding the fryer would result in more steaming than frying. This was about 1/2 lb of Brussels, and I would say I could have fit the whole pound in my fryer. Next time, I will make the balsamic vinegar reduction dressing that I found while searching for recipes.

R

This is such an awesome cook, Rich. Drooling over here. How do you like the air fryer?
Thanks, Tim.

We really like the air fryer. We do a lot of oven roasted veggies, and since there are only three of us, it's more energy efficient to use the air fryer for those. Quicker, too (about 12-15 minutes for broccoli, for example......vs 25-30 in the oven.) I love tater tots, and they get much more crisp in the AF than in the oven. Have done wings in it as well, and they came out nice and crispy. My wife loves garden burgers, and they come out much better in the AF than a skillet. All in all, in the three months we have had it, we're enjoying it.

R

Rich,
I have this recipe saved and I want to do a big taco feast were I use this recipe on shrimp, steak, and chicken on a weekend get together, now you go an add pork!!! You're killing me Smalls!!! No, seriously a great cook and an idea to remember for a quick weekday meal. On the topic of Wild Fork, the last two pork tenderloins I have cooked and posted here have been from then, hell, almost all the meat I have been posted the last 5-6 weeks has been from them. I got the membership and free shipping and I love uses them. Haven't been getting much beef from them, but I have been really happy with the pork and the chicken products I have been purchases. Prices are great and I love not worrying if I am going to be able to find what I want when I go to the store.

Back