Caribbean Spares

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Cooked up some Caribbean spares from Weber's "Timeto Grill" today.

A tale of two racks: one Caribbean style with oregano, S&P, garlic powder and onion powder. The other with a simple blend of Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust and Red Eye Express. Both went on the WSM with a foiled, dry water pan. Cooked them at about 300 with some apple and cherry chunks.

91b53f0f.jpg

The "regular" rack was simply glazed with some No. 5 sauce. When that came off, I applied the glaze to the other rack. It was guava preserves, garlic, jalapeño, ginger, scallions, ketchup, and butter. While the glaze set up, I threw on some black beans. Nothing fancy, just canned black beans, cilantro, jalapeño, chili powder,lime juice and a dash of the rib glaze.

14dead4e.jpg

Ribs off!

9c8076ab.jpg

Plated them up with a little mango and the beans over jasmine rice. Washed it down with some of my home made triple berry lemon wine.

fca112db.jpg

255448d2.jpg

Here are the leftovers:

ebda2be8.jpg

Ribs were a wonderful pull off the bone done ness. This recipe is definitely worth trying.

Last edited:
Nice job Jim, those ribs look awesome, never tried any Dizzy pig rubs, usually make my own but I am going to order a few of their rubs and give em a try. BTW going to see Slash in concert in September, flashback to my metal days, should be a great show.

Jim, ▼ this ▼ is ▼ the ▼ best ▼ thing I've seen ALL DAY! of course, i haven't been to the beach yet today....:rolleyes:

255448d2.jpg

Beautiful Photo!

Back