Cajun Bandit Rotisserie(CBR)

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
I am thinking of adding the (CBR) to my BBQ Arsenal; so, I would like to hear comments regarding your satisfaction with this product and should I buy the one with the electric or battery operated motor.

I have the stainless CBR. it's top quality fits the 22.5 perfectly. The battery powered motor is great, I highly recommend it. the batteries last forever.

I received the CBR as a Christmas present recently. Mine is the reversible unit (for use on a 22 WSM or 22 kettle) with the plug-in rotisserie. The plug-in was chosen because an outlet is convenient to where it is used and it has a higher load capacity than the battery unit. I have used it a couple of times and I love it. The motor runs smoothly and quietly; I seem to recall some posts here that the battery unit is loud. My wife and I wish we had gotten it years ago.

Frank Ant and J Grotz: Thanx for your reply and did you purchase your CBR with the Stainless Steel(SS) Motor,SS Rotisserie Spit and SS Spit Forks at additional cost?

Rick

If you do not have a WSM and will just be using it on a kettle, Weber makes a kit for the kettle.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004VWM1/tvwb-20

When I had a kettle (an old performer), I had the Weber kit. I loved using that thing. The ring fit perfectly. I loved the wood handle and two prong forks (as opposed to 4 prong). However, the motor was weak. Weber states it has a 20lb capacity, but I remember my unit straining with two 5lb chickens on the spit. If I had kept that grill, I definitely would have upgraded the motor.

The plug-in motor I received with my CBR kit is rated to 50lbs (well balanced) or 30lbs (imbalanced). My first cook on the CBR was a pair of 6lb chickens and it was no problem. Frank can chime in on this, but I think the battery motor in the CBR kit is rated at 25lbs for well balanced loads. There are a few threads on tvwbb.com about the CBR and lots of people love that battery unit because they don't need to have an electric outlet nearby.

I There are a few threads on tvwbb.com about the CBR and lots of people love that battery unit because they don't need to have an electric outlet nearby.
Today our power shut-down around noon-time and the power returned around 7:30pm(around 7hours). Thinking it would be prudent to purchase both the battery unit and power-cord unit spit motors.

Frank Ant and J Grotz: Thanx for your reply and did you purchase your CBR with the Stainless Steel(SS) Motor,SS Rotisserie Spit and SS Spit Forks at additional cost?

Rick

this is kit I bought

This basket is from ONE GRILL is awesome for chicken thighs and pork belly!!

Frank Ant: Thanx for this information and I am almost ready to pull-the-trigger. My only hesitation is where will I store the "ring" and "rods" when not-in-use as I now have very limited space?? I have both a Weber Performer Deluxe and Mastertouch Grill, so, my thinking is that I will leave it stored on the Weber Mastertouch but when the rains starts here in Costa Rica in few months, how will I cover it? This is the primary reason for buying a All Stainless Steel Kit at added cost. Oh well, I have thru tomorrow to take advantage of the 10% discount.

Last edited:
I did a review on mine some years ago....

Frank Ant: Thanx for this information and I am almost ready to pull-the-trigger. My only hesitation is where will I store the "ring" and "rods" when not-in-use as I now have very limited space?? I have both a Weber Performer Deluxe and Mastertouch Grill, so, my thinking is that I will leave it stored on the Weber Mastertouch but when the rains starts here in Costa Rica in few months, how will I cover it? This is the primary reason for buying a All Stainless Steel Kit at added cost. Oh well, I have thru tomorrow to take advantage of the 10% discount.
to store the rods I picked up some pvc pipe and end caps and made tubes to store them in.

I store mine in an old carpenters “tote box” along with motors and all kinds of grilling accoutrements. Now I know where that stuff is. The problem is the rod for me gasser is longer than the box so, I think that will be a PVC tube candidate!

I've got the CB Rotisserie. It is a great unit. I also have an earlier, tabbed Weber roti as well.

The CB is great as it is reversible to work on both the Kettle and WSM. I do find that the extra set of spit holes and motor mount holes make it leakier than I would like. It wopuld be nice if there was a way to close off the unused holes. Some folks make sandwiches with fender washers. The CB is certainly a sturdy unit.

My tabbed Weber roti is also leaky. I suspect the new style weber roti is less leaky than the previous one or the CB.

I prefer the wood handle and the 2 pronged fork of the weber roti.

The nice thing is that the motors and spits are all interchangeable. It is pretty easy to get a battery or a corded motor or different spits or forks as suits you.

Here's an economical one that might be worthwhile. I have not used it, but have heard good things about it.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01H19QSOY/tvwb-20

Richard, try storing the rods with your brooms. Something like this works really well:

Amazon.com broom rack

The ring can stay on one of your grills since it is stainless.
Just ordered a two-pack for $30 off Amazon.com for my new Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Spit rod and some brooms. Thanx for the tip!

Oh, This week I ordered the Battery Operated with AC Adapter 22" Cajun Bandit Rotisserie with two(2) extra spit forks for my Weber Performer Deluxe.

Last edited:
this is kit I bought

This basket is from ONE GRILL is awesome for chicken thighs and pork belly!!
Frank: What is your thought on the larger One Grill Combination Basket that costs around $130 and weighs 7lbs?? Can this be used on the 22" Weber Performer Deluxe?

In reading the description on the Cajun Bandit Website it states that this basket helps to eliminate the potential balancing problem when placing the spit rod on the Weber Charcoal Grill??

Last edited:

Back