Cajun Bandit Rotisserie(CBR)

Richard Garcia

TVWBB Super Fan
I am thinking of adding the (CBR) to my BBQ Arsenal; so, I would like to hear comments regarding your satisfaction with this product and should I buy the one with the electric or battery operated motor.

Frank Ant

I have the stainless CBR. it's top quality fits the 22.5 perfectly. The battery powered motor is great, I highly recommend it. the batteries last forever.

J Grotz

TVWBB Pro
I received the CBR as a Christmas present recently. Mine is the reversible unit (for use on a 22 WSM or 22 kettle) with the plug-in rotisserie. The plug-in was chosen because an outlet is convenient to where it is used and it has a higher load capacity than the battery unit. I have used it a couple of times and I love it. The motor runs smoothly and quietly; I seem to recall some posts here that the battery unit is loud. My wife and I wish we had gotten it years ago.

Richard Garcia

TVWBB Super Fan
Frank Ant and J Grotz: Thanx for your reply and did you purchase your CBR with the Stainless Steel(SS) Motor,SS Rotisserie Spit and SS Spit Forks at additional cost?

Rick

J Grotz

TVWBB Pro
If you do not have a WSM and will just be using it on a kettle, Weber makes a kit for the kettle.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004VWM1/tvwb-20

When I had a kettle (an old performer), I had the Weber kit. I loved using that thing. The ring fit perfectly. I loved the wood handle and two prong forks (as opposed to 4 prong). However, the motor was weak. Weber states it has a 20lb capacity, but I remember my unit straining with two 5lb chickens on the spit. If I had kept that grill, I definitely would have upgraded the motor.

The plug-in motor I received with my CBR kit is rated to 50lbs (well balanced) or 30lbs (imbalanced). My first cook on the CBR was a pair of 6lb chickens and it was no problem. Frank can chime in on this, but I think the battery motor in the CBR kit is rated at 25lbs for well balanced loads. There are a few threads on tvwbb.com about the CBR and lots of people love that battery unit because they don't need to have an electric outlet nearby.

Richard Garcia

TVWBB Super Fan
I There are a few threads on tvwbb.com about the CBR and lots of people love that battery unit because they don't need to have an electric outlet nearby.
Today our power shut-down around noon-time and the power returned around 7:30pm(around 7hours). Thinking it would be prudent to purchase both the battery unit and power-cord unit spit motors.

Frank Ant

Frank Ant and J Grotz: Thanx for your reply and did you purchase your CBR with the Stainless Steel(SS) Motor,SS Rotisserie Spit and SS Spit Forks at additional cost?

Rick
this is kit I bought

This basket is from ONE GRILL is awesome for chicken thighs and pork belly!!

Richard Garcia

TVWBB Super Fan
Frank Ant: Thanx for this information and I am almost ready to pull-the-trigger. My only hesitation is where will I store the "ring" and "rods" when not-in-use as I now have very limited space?? I have both a Weber Performer Deluxe and Mastertouch Grill, so, my thinking is that I will leave it stored on the Weber Mastertouch but when the rains starts here in Costa Rica in few months, how will I cover it? This is the primary reason for buying a All Stainless Steel Kit at added cost. Oh well, I have thru tomorrow to take advantage of the 10% discount.

Last edited:

J Grotz

TVWBB Pro
Richard, try storing the rods with your brooms. Something like this works really well:

Amazon.com broom rack

The ring can stay on one of your grills since it is stainless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
I did a review on mine some years ago....

Frank Ant

Frank Ant: Thanx for this information and I am almost ready to pull-the-trigger. My only hesitation is where will I store the "ring" and "rods" when not-in-use as I now have very limited space?? I have both a Weber Performer Deluxe and Mastertouch Grill, so, my thinking is that I will leave it stored on the Weber Mastertouch but when the rains starts here in Costa Rica in few months, how will I cover it? This is the primary reason for buying a All Stainless Steel Kit at added cost. Oh well, I have thru tomorrow to take advantage of the 10% discount.
to store the rods I picked up some pvc pipe and end caps and made tubes to store them in.

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I store mine in an old carpenters “tote box” along with motors and all kinds of grilling accoutrements. Now I know where that stuff is. The problem is the rod for me gasser is longer than the box so, I think that will be a PVC tube candidate!

Peter_M

TVWBB Member
I've got the CB Rotisserie. It is a great unit. I also have an earlier, tabbed Weber roti as well.

The CB is great as it is reversible to work on both the Kettle and WSM. I do find that the extra set of spit holes and motor mount holes make it leakier than I would like. It wopuld be nice if there was a way to close off the unused holes. Some folks make sandwiches with fender washers. The CB is certainly a sturdy unit.

My tabbed Weber roti is also leaky. I suspect the new style weber roti is less leaky than the previous one or the CB.

I prefer the wood handle and the 2 pronged fork of the weber roti.

The nice thing is that the motors and spits are all interchangeable. It is pretty easy to get a battery or a corded motor or different spits or forks as suits you.

Here's an economical one that might be worthwhile. I have not used it, but have heard good things about it.