Cajun bandit Door for my 22.5"wsm!

S.Six

TVWBB All-Star
So I finally got around to picking up the CB ss door for my 22.5"wsm. Haven't had a smoke on it yet. Was just wondering, for those of you that have had one, how do you like them and what kind of deference do you notice?

I have had mine for quite awhile, seals better for sure and I also picked up a special latch for it that is much stronger and pulls it even tighter closed. I have not installed it yet so have no input as of now but others have done it and it really seals the old girl up. Had to judiciously flex it a little to get it to seal better then I was good to go

I've got em on both of my wsm's and really like them, using the original latches and no gaskets. While the Weber door worked fine for me, I'm not worried about stepping on the CB doors. They're very solid and tight.

Last edited:
Love mine. I recently did the compression latch discussed above. Rock solid, but did notice it gets a little 'warm' during a cook. CB makes a solid product, thats for sure.

I loved the SS door, but between it and the gaskets, I definitely needed the compression latch. I created a thread on the other forum with all my mods including the latch and door. You can see it HERE. Mods, if sharing that link of my post in another forum is against the rules, please let me know and I'll create another thread over here.

Note: To me, that link takes me to the last post. You may have to scroll up.

Love mine. I recently did the compression latch discussed above. Rock solid, but did notice it gets a little 'warm' during a cook. CB makes a solid product, thats for sure.

Wrap it with a few layers of heat resistant silicone tape, should make a big difference

Wrap it with a few layers of heat resistant silicone tape, should make a big difference

Yep. I took a strip of the gasket and glued it with the RTV to the handle on both sides (down the front and up the back). Then I got some high temp / thick insulated electrical tape and wrapped it around the handle a couple times. You can see it here:

attachment.php

it just looks better if nothing else.
it should be on Weber's list for improvements...
kinda like the heat shield underneath, the larger capacity water bowl, the built-in therm, the silicone probe inserts, blah blah blah...

Oh yes, I've recently installed the CB door with compression latch, and both the lid and door gaskets. Temperature stability seems much better, and it shuts down much faster. Need to do some longer cooks to gauge the effect on temperature properly.

Back