Buying a WSM soon! Ditching my old Brinkmann vertical trailmaster for it.

Ive had my 18 inch WSM over 20 years..
No rust yet AT ALL.
I did a couple mods like handles on sides to lift center section off.
I also added a SECOND charcoal grate and bolted it to the other one so coal dont fall through.
You cant go wrong.. BUY IT..

I did my first cook! I explained more in the gallery forum thread, but I smoked baby back ribs, bologna, a pork loin, chicken thighs and a few drums. Everything came out great! Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge upgrade over my previous smoker which I had to babysit constantly.

A couple of people on the fans of WSM Facebook page kept advising me not to do a pork loin first since it was supposed to run hot in the beginning, but I wanted to play around with it, with a shorter cook before doing a pork shoulder. It came out perfect; juicy as all get out. I was going to pull it at 145-150 but according to my thermometer it got to 159, which is when I pulled it. I coated it with a thin layer of mayo and seasoning before I wrapped the bacon to, I guess, "protect it" and give it an extra layer of fat and flavor.

GZnMBQN.jpg

ejeh9t4.jpg

dRxZDgt.jpg

GYBF42D.jpg

z0u0uPv.jpg

KANqJ80.jpg

Thanks, everybody! I appreciate it! Already in love with my WSM! I posted some more pics of the scenery in the gallery subforum.

Hey Chris, I just wanted to let you know that your assembly video helped me out a lot. I watched it as I put my WSM together. I also got a friggin' leg cramp while putting it together, also. So there's that! Haha.

Back