Butter or Margarine

Jim Jackson

I was checking out the photo section of this wonderful forum when I noticed DaleW posted the ingredients to his marinade for (Quick Shrimp) and one of them was real butter. (BTW DaleW that looked awesome!!) That got me thinking...How many folks here actually use real butter? I absolutely love the taste of real butter but use margarine instead. Everyone knows the drill...cholesterol, fat content, etc. for real butter.

I am just curious to find out how many folks use real butter instead of margarine. Do you use real butter for special occasions or everyday use or at all?

Depends. Go figger.

if it's the primary flavour, butter.

if there are 'stronger'
' flavours (ie spices), margarine. I figure that the butter flavour will be buried anyway. There's probably enough fat flavour from the meat that the butter fat is not needed.

Parkay on Trigg Ribs. Can't Believe It's Not Butter on most everything else. Butter on few occasions (special treat).

I use butter for cooking, but to spread on a bagel or bread, it's I can't believe it's not butter.

Depends. Go figger.

if it's the primary flavour, butter.

if there are 'stronger'
' flavours (ie spices), margarine. I figure that the butter flavour will be buried anyway. There's probably enough fat flavour from the meat that the butter fat is not needed.

I agree with Len. It depends on what you're cooking and how you're cooking.

Back