Burgers on Greenie

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I realized what a rough year it’s been when I realized it’s been over a year since I took the cover off of greenie.
That grill has been with Barb and me for 23 years and five homes.
Well we fixed that last night cooked up some quick burgers and fries as we were both tired especially Barb dealing with her eye, which is doing really well.
What I discovered when I went to fire it up I had left the tank valve open and I figured it would be empty. I looked at the scale and it showed it was full and it fired right up. I guess the valves on greenie still seal really well.
Cooking on the little griddle on my old trusty Weber was fun. Got to do that more often.

Have a safe and fun weekend.

101_7085.JPG

101_7092.JPG

101_7102.JPG

101_7104.JPG

Good for you Rich! Glad to hear Barb is doing really well. Everything looks really good. I like the griddle too.

Tasty looking meal! To bad they don’t. Make things to last like they used too. That green machine would fit right in with my green BabyQ!

Rich,
Looks like a nice dinner, except for mustard on burgers;-) I just picked up that same griddle used. How do you like it? I was going to try it either on top of the flavorizers or on the grates with no flavorizers. Have you tried either? What do you lube it with and how is it to clean up? Thanks Joe

Rich,
Looks like a nice dinner, except for mustard on burgers;-) I just picked up that same griddle used. How do you like it? I was going to try it either on top of the flavorizers or on the grates with no flavorizers. Have you tried either? What do you lube it with and how is it to clean up? Thanks Joe
It's been a great little grill. I like the fact that I have that grate area to the left of the griddle for toasting buns. I just leave it on the Ci grates and it gets screaming hot. We've used it for burgers, steaks and making breakfast of eggs, hash browns and sausage a few times.
I use canola oil or peanut oil. Also put a couple of wet paper towels in the in the grease tray, makes clean up a lot easier. I think you will enjoy it Joe.

Back