Burgers (inspired by Jim K)

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I maintain that burgers in and of themselves are exciting, even if Jim did think his July 4th fare was just run of the mill. ;)

Tonight the Blackstone got the call, and I used some brisket that I ground and then packaged in the freezer. Doctored the meat up with a bit of DP Raising the Steaks rub, and some worcestershire sauce. Pre-heated the griddle 10 minutes set just shy of HOT AS HADES. 3 minutes per side.

Mise en place (because French makes it fancy):

IMG_6855.jpeg

This is "why" the Blackstone, CRUSTIFICATION!

IMG_6856.jpeg

The jalapeño burger was for my oldest daughter (and the first from my garden this year):

IMG_6857.jpeg

The baby burger was for my wife (3 oz), the others were all 6 oz patties with swiss (jalapeños for oldest, no bun for youngest.) These were super tasty, and the crust would have been perfect if I had remembered a little salt on both sides. We sided these up with some oven roasted zucchini (split in half, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, then topped with parmesan cheese.)

Happy July 6th!

R

PS: Side note, a Jiffy peanut butter lid is a perfect burger form for the 3 oz burger.......

My wife does baby burgers too, med/well done no less. Takes a little practice trying to get a 3-4 oz and a 6-8 oz burger, off the grill at the same time. Going to have to try a jalapeno burger.

Smash burgers on the BS are great! Yours look fantastic! Looks like you put the jalapeno's on the griddle too. Pro move there!

Last night I made buns so I can make some tonight! Can't wait!

My wife does baby burgers too, med/well done no less. Takes a little practice trying to get a 3-4 oz and a 6-8 oz burger, off the grill at the same time. Going to have to try a jalapeno burger.
I put my wife's on when I flipped the big ones.....worked out perfectly! :)

Smash burgers on the BS are great! Yours look fantastic! Looks like you put the jalapeno's on the griddle too. Pro move there!

Last night I made buns so I can make some tonight! Can't wait!
My daughter requested the jalapeños, and it only made sense to griddle them a bit first. I had a bite of her burger, and can pretty much guarantee that there will be peppers on the rest of my burgers (as long as my plants are producing!) :) I had intended to make buns per the post from CLasko a week ago or so, but just ran out of time. Next round!

R

Back