Broke Down...Gonna Buy It... Copper vs. Black?

Copper (+$20) vs. Black Performer Deluxe?

• Copper

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Black

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

ChristopherC

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, so I broke down and decided to add the Weber Performer Deluxe to my arsenal. Now I just have to decide whether it is worth the extra $20 + tax ($22.60) CDN to get the COPPER kettle vs. the BLACK?

HELP!

Poll attached.

Of those two, I'd choose Copper.
I love my Crimson colored Performer. Crate and Barrel also sells a very cool Slate Blue color, but I'm not sure if have that store in Canada.

For me personally, I would go with Black. If I bought a different color I know I would be more concerned with keeping it looking clean then just "cooking" on it. As someone said spend the extra $22 on beer or steaks, if you can find steaks for $22....LOL

They say that all the kettles are black to begin with and then the copper is added on top. That means an extra layer of enamel which means better protection. Not sure if this is true but sounds like a good excuse to get the copper. 😀

Well, I’d do black but, Richard does make a reasonable point. If you really have a Jones for the copper, do that it’s only 22 bucks!

It's all your personal preference. However black goes with everything. It's the classic color and that's why I went black. Get the copper if you want something that stands apart from the standard.

Thanks for all the input and votes guys! I have ordered the....

COPPER WEBER PERFORMER DELUXE

Should arrive anytime before next Thursday Aug 27th.

Looking forward to adding it to my arsenal...I think I am set now...I will have:

1) Weber Summit S670 (9 years old)
2) Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 (new)
3) Weber Performer Deluxe (new)
4) Weber Go-Anywhere (1 year old)
5) Weber Q2200 (1 year old)

Also ordered a vortex knockoff and the Slow N Sear...so I think I am all set to cook just about anything!

Thanks for all the input and votes guys! I have ordered the....

COPPER WEBER PERFORMER DELUXE

Should arrive anytime before next Thursday Aug 27th.

Looking forward to adding it to my arsenal...I think I am set now...I will have:

1) Weber Summit S670 (9 years old)
2) Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 (new)
3) Weber Performer Deluxe (new)
4) Weber Go-Anywhere (1 year old)
5) Weber Q2200 (1 year old)

Also ordered a vortex knockoff and the Slow N Sear...so I think I am all set to cook just about anything!

Very nice! Sounds like you have a very nice family of grills!

When assembling your Performer, don't over-tighten any of the bolts that fix to the kettle bowl or lid. You can always re-tighten them, but if you over-tighten them you can create paint issues/pops. I've always made mine just tight enough and had no issues.

Back