Broccoli beef

GaryP

TVWBB Pro
Instead of the usual taco, I made broccoli beef with some of my leftover comp brisket trimmings. Came out great. Wife came home from her pottery show and was happily surprised I had dinner covered for the evening. And I'm happily surprised she sold enough pottery to buy me some more srf briskets! Have a great week everyone. IMG20240211191754.jpg

Not a whole lot to tell. Slow cooker, soy sauce, sesame oil, beef broth, garlic. After 4 hours some cornstarch to thicken. Got some fresh broccoli from an old timer that comes by the shop and hooks us up with stuff from his garden. Jasmine Rice with some aleppo peppers and black sesame seeds and here we are.

Ok. So trimmings in the slow cooker. Got it!

Thanks. I happen to have some brisket trimmings so the timing is good.

Yeah I wish it was more exciting but it's pretty simple. Obviously a good amount of garlic and some salt and pepper with some beef broth. I'm just tickled that I get to use the "waste" to get a nice meal out of. I cubed it instead of going with thin slices but after about four hours it was nice and tender. Then added the broccoli just to tender it a bit so it wasn't mush.

Back