Brisket from Sam’s Club

Darian Hofer

TVWBB Pro
Found a nice looking prime brisket at Sam’s Club yesterday.
On the Smokefire now on Boost setting but I’m cooking on upper rack with water pan below. When it’s done I will ice bath it and vacuum seal. Taking it to friends in San Antonio this weekend. Will Sous Vide at 150 to warm it back up.
E3080B41-9DCA-49FA-AC05-62C1B8FBF62D.jpegE0517A7E-D0DA-49E6-B960-EAB0299E4122.jpeg3138E8EF-58AD-40D0-9534-7CA34D9FF07F.jpeg64F8B9EF-CCDF-459C-AE32-BD39E7600284.jpeg

Larry, if I can find the keys to my gulfstream, I’ll pick you up!
Darian, that is really a fine piece of dinner right there!
I just popped a 7# flat in the crock pot with onions and so on, in about ten or twelve hours it should be ready to come off and go in the fridge! I have a three pound one that will go in the pot when the big one comes out.

Larry, if I can find the keys to my gulfstream, I’ll pick you up!
Darian, that is really a fine piece of dinner right there!
I just popped a 7# flat in the crock pot with onions and so on, in about ten or twelve hours it should be ready to come off and go in the fridge! I have a three pound one that will go in the pot when the big one comes out.
Ya think that brisket is big enough for both of us? Let me know there is a nice airport only 7 miles from my house!

Looks great! I didn't even know Sam's Club sold whole Prime briskets. I've been gettin' them at Costco. Same price. But last time I was in Sam's, they had no prime briskets in the rack and nothing online either. What they DO have - online only - is short rib plates, choice, which are very hard to find around here.

Edit: My Sam's is showing whole prime briskets online, but you have to buy a case of them. $3.48 by the case. Not sure how many are in a case.

Last edited:
Oddly I can find prime briskets at Sam's and Costco. but, no short rib plate at Sam's but at Costco. My Sam's has oxtails though. Yeah not for grilling but oh boy can you make a great Ragu, or OSSO Bucco, what have you. I bought a bunch of packages of them. Oddly as well is I cannot find any other primals at our Sam's (other than tenderloin).

Thanks for all the kind words. Wrapped in butchers paper about midnight and pulled it off about 2:30am. Let it rest about 30 minutes then iced it down in a cooler.
Sliced off about 6” on the flat side then vacuumed sealed the larger hunk. All signs look good so far. Sliced up the 6” section of the flat and vacuumed it as well and tossed into the freezer for later. Just a couple photos this morning. Slices real nice cold and no juices lost.
E307FDB1-74FA-41A7-864E-38C910263E33.jpegFB436C35-AC3A-46FE-A30E-72EF3E68FDDB.jpeg

Thanks for all the kind words. Wrapped in butchers paper about midnight and pulled it off about 2:30am. Let it rest about 30 minutes then iced it down in a cooler.
Sliced off about 6” on the flat side then vacuumed sealed the larger hunk. All signs look good so far. Sliced up the 6” section of the flat and vacuumed it as well and tossed into the freezer for later. Just a couple photos this morning. Slices real nice cold and no juices lost.
View attachment 67675View attachment 67676
Strong work! Looks great!

Back