Brisket 2015

Those sliced pics look amazing! I'm making a brisket next weekend and can only hope mine comes out like that.

Hey Jim, GREAT looking brisket!!! I love cooking them, I do inject and rub with the same rub as I do with my butts. A couple of questions. Did you inject?, did you add anything else to the rub besides the S&P? how long did you have it out at room temp before smoking? and please tell me where you got it. it's hard to find a good brisket in our area.
BTW: great game for UW!

Thank you everyone!
How long did you let it rest before slicing?
I actually foiled the brisket and placed it in a dry cooler covered with towels for about two hours before slicing...

Hey Jim, GREAT looking brisket!!! I love cooking them, I do inject and rub with the same rub as I do with my butts. A couple of questions. Did you inject?, did you add anything else to the rub besides the S&P? how long did you have it out at room temp before smoking? and please tell me where you got it. it's hard to find a good brisket in our area.
BTW: great game for UW!
Nice to see you Bob! I did not inject and only used Penzey's Pacific Sea salt and Tellicherry black pepper... well, I got out of bed at 5 and the beef went on about 40 to 45 minutes later... so about 35 minutes?

Congrats on both wins, that briskets looks perfect and the Badgers beating the Wildcats (sniff).

Great post Jim!!! Brisket looks perfect!

Beautiful plate my friend 10/10

brisketEnd.jpg

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments, I appreciate them all! Thanks a lot!!
Steve, I did save some for you... but you'll have to make me a bucket of your Texas Red Tri Tip Chili :D

Back