Brett's Teriyaki Chicken a la Me

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
@Brett-EDH 's POST on Friday got me with the color of the chicken...... I didn't get to it until tonight, but I'm glad I did!!!

I tweaked the marinade a bit.....no pineapple juice (didn't have any), subbed in some dark soy for part of the soy sauce, added sesame oil, a dash of Shaoxing wine, and some rice wine vinegar. Oh, and I used half chickens, as the price on thighs was silly, and a whole chicken meant both leftovers, and a back to toss in my stock bag in the freezer! :)

Onto the pellet grill at 400° after a few hours in the marinade:

1710816071452.jpeg

One of the best decisions I have made recently is teaching my 19 year old daughter how to make an Old Fashioned.....it's nice to get cocktail deliver grill-side!!

1710816142378.jpeg

After about 35 minutes and three bastes with the boiled marinade so far.....

1710821667809.jpeg

Glamour shot...

1710816177289.jpeg

Carved up, and ready to nosh!

1710816193876.jpeg

This turned out SO tasty, even with the mods I made to the original! Perfect balance of sweet/salty, some umami from the fish sauce, and that great color I was looking for (Bear Mountain Bourbon pellets if anyone is interested.)

The chicken got paired with some long grain white rice, and a simply steamed artichoke with butter or mayo depending on your preference (I had neither....didn't need it!)

Thanks for the inspiration, Brett!

R

Last edited:
@Brett-EDH 's POST on Friday got me with the color of the chicken...... I didn't get to it until tonight, but I'm glad I did!!!

I tweaked the marinade a bit.....no pineapple juice (didn't have any), subbed in some dark soy for part of the soy sauce, added sesame oil, a dash of Shaoxing wine, and some rice wine vinegar. Oh, and I used half chickens, as the price on thighs was silly, and a whole chicken meant both leftovers, and a back to toss in my stock bag in the freezer! :)

Onto the pellet grill at 400° after a few hours in the marinade:

View attachment 88026

One of the best decisions I have made recently is teaching my 19 year old daughter how to make an Old Fashioned.....it's nice to get cocktail deliver grill-side!!

View attachment 88028

After about 35 minutes and three bastes with the boiled marinade so far.....

View attachment 88027

Just before being pulled off the grill (55 minutes)

View attachment 88029

Glamour shot...

View attachment 88030

Carved up, and ready to nosh!

View attachment 88031

This turned out SO tasty, even with the mods I made to the original! Perfect balance of sweet/salty, some umami from the fish sauce, and that great color I was looking for (Bear Mountain Bourbon pellets if anyone is interested.)

The chicken got paired with some long grain white rice, and a simply steamed artichoke with butter or mayo depending on your preference (I had neither....didn't need it!)

Thanks for the inspiration, Brett!

R
Looks awesome! Buy some frozen pineapple concentrate for the freezer. You’ll always have some on hand for asado, asado and Asian meals.

I have a whole chicken up for tomorrow night. Still trying to figure out its seasoning.

That chicken looks wonderful nice job. I like artichokes too. We steam them and then put parmesan cheese on them and then pour some melted garlic butter over the top they're the best

Rich, that is one awesome looking chicken. The color is over the top. With your sides you had one awesome meal :love: it all.

Back