Brats For Dinner

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We love Brats and my wife said that sounded good. Cooked them our favorite way, Brat Rubens. Included a delicious sauce, slice of pastrami and some Swiss Cheese. The Brat is topped with some chopped Giardiniera. Made a macaroni salad to go along with them.

Brats, sliced onion, pastrami and Swiss Cheese.

Chopped Giardiniera. My last jar. Will have to make some more.

Have the Brats in a beer/water bath with the sliced onion. Made the sauce too. Mayo, ketchup, sweet relish, Worcestershire and one HC Egg.

Brat bath on direct for about 15 -20 minutes.

Pulled Brats and grilled direct for about 5 minutes.

Brats done.

Toasted the buns.

Plated with the macaroni salad.

These are so delicious. It's a two or three napkin dinner though. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Dang ! I just told the CEO the other day that I'd like to make some brats.... You just helped the cause..

Those look great, awesome job and pic tells the story Cliff! We have some, time to get those puppies on the grill.

Cliff first your brats look delicious.
Let me ask you WHY do you bath the brats BEFORE grilling them. Do you move to this method because the opposite doesn't like you or was worst for other reasons? I guess you have tryed the opposite in your experience.
Thanks in advance

Cliff first your brats look delicious.
Let me ask you WHY do you bath the brats BEFORE grilling them. Do you move to this method because the opposite doesn't like you or was worst for other reasons? I guess you have tryed the opposite in your experience.
Thanks in advance

Hi Enrico. Thank you for your comment. For the question, this is just one method of cooking the brats. I like it as it picks up the beer and onion flavor. It also brings the brats up to around 165 degrees internal temperature. The last step is to toast them out of the bath on the grill, making them sizzle and get those nice grill marks. It's pretty much my go to method when cooking at home. If I were tailgating or something like that, I might do them differently. Cliff

Dayumn Cliff, those look fantastic!
I am a Brat eating fool and would never have come up with that combination...I know what I'm grilling this weekend.

Back