Brand new used unused kettle.

Brock Gingery

TVWBB Super Fan
So I took a trip today that lasted from 9:15 to 4:40pm I would like to give a shout out to Ted in Cleveland if he reads this. Great guy, nice as can be, and an outdoor cooking connoisseur himself. Truly enjoyed getting to meet and talk to him.

That said the kettle he sold me lived a rather sad and lonesome existence, staring out a garage window on rainy days, shivering in the cold watching the other cookers get wheeled out and used.... It needed a good home, so I chose to adopt it.

Completely unused, never even had a fire lit in it, and with a 1st gen slowNsearXL here she is.

20240121_163520.jpg20240121_163533.jpg20240121_163554.jpg20240121_163604.jpg20240121_163621.jpg

I'm almost afraid to say what I paid for her for fear of causing mass heart attacks on the site. It has currently taken up residence on my pergola, and will be looking forward to some briskets this summer.

Very happy to finally have one, and again my thanks go out to a great guy who shares our passion.

Holy cow, two Tims back to back. Thank you to both of you and Anthony as well.

Made it worth it heading out into the weather today which I will simply describe as "brisk".

You’re gonna love it. I’ve only used my Ranch once but wow, what an awesome cooker.

Missed the potential Tim trifecta. Sad

Hey Brock, your “location” of “Great Lakes” is just a touch broad, what time do the festivities begin? I just hope it’s not the 24th of May, that’s my traditional John Wayne birthday celebration. Which reminds me, I have to start thinking about some of the appetizers I will do this year, need to do something different, shotgun shells will be done again, maybe some shrimp?

Close enough! When are you planning the inaugural cook? Suckling pig? Whole Lamb? Flock of chickens, bevy of burgers, stacks of sausages, brace of briskets, school of salmon?
I think I’m out of alliterations for the moment, only half a cup of coffee in this morning.
I have a few other commitments to handle first, but it will probably be March unless a family trip gets in the way, and I'm hoping at least one, maybe a brace of briskets.

Coffee deficiency syndrome is a true malady....

I'm in Northwest Ohio just under the Michigan border. Slightly better leadership, but no where near as good an opportunity of fishing.... I miss da UP, being an honorary Yooper as it were.

Last edited:
I have a few other commitments to handle first, but it will probably be March unless a family trip gets in the way, and I'm hoping at least one, maybe a brace of briskets.

Coffee deficiency syndrome is a true malady....

I'm in Northwest Ohio just under the Michigan border. Slightly better leadership, but no where near as good an opportunity of fishing.... I miss da UP, being an honorary Yooper as it were.
Yep, the UP is pretty nice. We stay at my sister in laws corkage for ten days on the Lake Huron shore, a trip to the locks is either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on weather, whitefish from the “Lockview” and a lazy drive back, a good nights sleep with the waves providing a wonderful chorus to fall asleep to.
I’m looking forward to see what you get off that “little gem”!

Back