Boudin Sausage......Boo-Dan!

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
Abe Froman here, just back from a rendezvous to the deep south & with that I was inspired to make a batch of Boudin!

Fairly labor intensive, but I believe it’s well worth it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Attachments

• Coarse ground meat & trinity, rice & green onions & parsley.jpg
    Coarse ground meat & trinity, rice & green onions & parsley.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Stuffed.jpg
    Stuffed.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 32
  • plated.jpg
    plated.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 32
Looks good.
I've never made boudin but I've looked into it.
Not all created equals some is much better than others.

Main reason I've looked into it is it's priced about like sausage... But it's half rice... It should be much cheaper than sausage...

If you buy high grade cuts of meat as opposed to some kind of trimmings..... It'll end up costing you more than store bought.

I've made it a couple of times. It can be tricky because of the rice. The rice can absorb your liquid and you wind up with a dry boudin. That looks great! Did you use any kind of liver? Pork liver can be really hard to get ahold of. I've subbed chicken liver. The last time I actually got pork liver and it was fantastic. I'm not a fan of liver by itself at all, but it adds a little funk to the boudin that I like.

People use varying amounts of rice. I've seen versions that are way more meat.

I've made it a couple of times. It can be tricky because of the rice. The rice can absorb your liquid and you wind up with a dry boudin. That looks great! Did you use any kind of liver? Pork liver can be really hard to get ahold of. I've subbed chicken liver. The last time I actually got pork liver and it was fantastic. I'm not a fan of liver by itself at all, but it adds a little funk to the boudin that I like.

People use varying amounts of rice. I've seen versions that are way more meat.
Yes I boiled 2 lbs. of chicken liver that netted out to 1lb. I am not much of a liver fan as well, but I want to stay as close to authentic as possible.

I made this a few times, with Sausage and Chicken, for a coworker that could not eat pork... Turned out great.

Back