Bob C's Chicken Speidini

Jim H.

TVWBB All-Star
Ran across this post from Bob Corell from a while back, and since I've been put on a diet (Doctor's orders
icon_frown.gif
) I've been looking for creative and different ways to cook (grilled, of course!) boneless skinless chicken breasts. This looked fairly easy and quick, so I thought I'd give it a try for last night's dinner.

Bob, this combination of seasonings and tastes is outstanding and I thank you for sharing this with us. Even the family loved it!

Here's what I did. Sliced the chicken in hlaf thick-wise and pounded them to about the same thickness. Mixed about 1/2 c. EVOO & 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter, and put the chicken in that while I mixed 1 c. panko and 1/2 c. parmesan, 2 tbsp. Italian herbs & a little cracked black pepper and a couple of dashes of garlic powder in a separate bowl.

prep1.jpg

Rolled the oiled chicken in the bread crumb mix, sliced in thirds, rolled and skewered the chicken, then put onto a pan to take to the Performer. Started 1/2 chimney KBlue before I started the prep process, and the coals were ready about the time I finished the chicken and started some rotini pasta.

preppedonpan.jpg

firstongrill.jpg

Cooked direct over the coals until temps reached 160°, then pulled the chicken and went and drizzled it with just a drop or two of lemon juice. Chicken and lemon are great together, and with the breading, it was over the top! Don't let the shrimp looking chicken fool you. Will have to roll the chicken a little tighter next time.
grilledonpan.jpg

Plated with rotini, seasoned with Italian herbs, cracked black pepper and a spritz of butter spray. Salad was topped with homemade balsamic vinaigrette and some Parmesan cheese.

All in all, a quick, healthy & delicious meal. Even though this diet has been a challenge, I have to say that this meal was great tasting and was done in less than 40 minutes from start to finish. This will definitely go in our regular weeknight meal rotation.

plated2notowel.jpg

Thanks again to Bob for the inspiration and instructions. Definitely give this a try!
icon_cool.gif

After looking at this great cook I gave it a shot for dinner tonight. It was outstanding and the kids loved it and kept asking for more. After dinner my wife requested this for a upcoming party.

how i missed this post...:rolleyes: i'll never know.
Jim, This
Looks FANTASTIC!!

plated2notowel.jpg

butt, i think MORE SHRIMP/CHICKEN on my plate is needed:p

Back