Bluetooth Thermometers?

Tersh

Looking into Bluetooth thermometers. Seems like they have as many good reviews as they do bad. What's the best device with a solid app out there?
Thanks,
T

personally i don't like bluetooth thermometers. They advertise as having a good range but in reality it isn't. I have a weber igrill that barely connect 10 feet into my house. I use that for my slow cooks since my bedroom is near my grills. But if i'm mobile around the house, i use my wireless maverick.

Bluetooth wont give you nearly the range a wireless setup using RF to transmit. I have used a Maverick et-733 for years and never lost a signal anywhere in my house.

personally i don't like bluetooth thermometers. They advertise as having a good range but in reality it isn't. I have a weber igrill that barely connect 10 feet into my house. I use that for my slow cooks since my bedroom is near my grills. But if i'm mobile around the house, i use my wireless maverick.
Maverick is standing out more and more as the go. Thanks for the post.

A cheap Maverick was the first piece of “extra” equipment I bought, it’s been a great tool! Still holding its own! I think it was about $30.00, great investment, it could die tomorrow and not owe me a dime!
We shall see how the “Meater” fares, it was not cheap but, if it works as well as I hope, it will be useful! Maybe I should run a test with both units one of these days.

It comes down to your cooking style. If you are planning on using this and not “peek” under the hood as much, a maverick is a good entry. If you like to peek, people swear by a thermapen.

Like others have said I'd steer away from bluetooth. I still have an Igrill2 but it drives me crazy. Constant disconnects and I have just one wall for it to go through. Thermoworks Smoke is your best option. The Mavericks are fine products as well.

I got a Meater + and used it for the first time for a rotisserie chicken.
s5lqjyG.jpg

This is when I put in more coals (temp drop on graph)

HclBPd7.jpg

Cut up chicken

ghzQQrb.png

Graph of cook

When you select a target temp, it takes into account the temp going up during the rest. It went up 8° (from 160 to 168° after I took it off.
It’s great for the rotisserie. Didn’t have any connection issues, but was never very far from it. Cloud connection was good too.

I've had a Meater for a couple of years, now a Meater +. When it works, it works well, but the connectivity issues tend to give me fits. I also use it for rotisserie, and as far as I know there is no comparable (i.e., completely wireless) device. I like it, but have a Plan B.

I must be the weirdo, but I have a Weber iGrill2 and I love it. Started with a couple iGrill Minis, but I didn't like that I needed to swipe through 2 screens to see the temps on both. The iGrill2 shows all 4 on one page on my phone/tablet. I did notice that the iGrill2 isn't available on Amazon now and the stores seem to not be adding them to stock. I don't know if that's a Covid related supply issue, or if Weber is phasing them out to get everyone to use the Connect. If Weber is phasing them out, it could be a good opportunity to find them on clearance at retailers that still have them.

Weber bought the iGrill line from the original manufacturer a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they were simply dropped in favor of the Connect.

Weber bought the iGrill line from the original manufacturer a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they were simply dropped in favor of the Connect.

Yeah, once they came out with the Connect I figured that was their new ride. And, being WiFi it's actually probably a better product, yet I had my eye on the iGrill2 for so long I just pulled the trigger. lol. I'm sure I'll end up with the Connect too..... I'm too much of a Weber Stan not to have it.

Back