Blowout Sale Weber Smokefire Stealth

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
This is a blowout sale? I know its a Stealth but Lew and Bruno and some others buying the deal for $999 for an EX6 looking like those were wise purchases.

To clarify it was one of those banners that said blowout deal or sale when I clicked it.

I think Weber is going to avoid any more super low prices on the SmokeFire, if at all possible. They have to have lost their shirt on all the warranty parts and customer service hours. Their financial results reflect that as well. The buyers who took advantage of those $999 prices (and some even lower at certain retailers trying to unload them) got a great deal not likely to be repeated.

What is the difference between the regular smokefire and the Stealth?
Unconfirmed 100%, but I’m led to believe nothing other than looks.

Some claim it has the updated/upgraded internals where the non-Stealth does not, but I have a difficult time buying that. It doesn’t make financial sense for them to upgrade a single grill and try to sell it for more, when upgrading the entire line makes more sense.

Unconfirmed 100%, but I’m led to believe nothing other than looks.

Some claim it has the updated/upgraded internals where the non-Stealth does not, but I have a difficult time buying that. It doesn’t make financial sense for them to upgrade a single grill and try to sell it for more, when upgrading the entire line makes more sense.
If you look at the pics on various sites, the Stealth has a different hopper with a relocated pellet sensor and is shaped differently on the short side and the finger guard at the top of the hopper. There’s a light inside the grill, different casters, and the crafted grate system. So, at least a few differences. Have not seen these on non stealth units, but that doesn’t mean Weber won’t put at least the hopper on the ‘regular’ models when they run out of the old. Has anyone seen a regular EX6 with hopper changes yet?

If you look at the pics on various sites, the Stealth has a different hopper with a relocated pellet sensor and is shaped differently on the short side and the finger guard at the top of the hopper. There’s a light inside the grill, different casters, and the crafted grate system. So, at least a few differences. Have not seen these on non stealth units, but that doesn’t mean Weber won’t put at least the hopper on the ‘regular’ models when they run out of the old. Has anyone seen a regular EX6 with hopper changes yet?
Correct. But I haven’t seen nor seen anyone post anything about standard and Stealth built around the same time. It’s always the (old?) Gen 2 compared to Stealth, not a (new?) Gen 2.

Basically, whether they are rolling off assembly line right now, back to back or side by side, with different parts. I’ve not seen confirmation yet.

My guess going forward Gen 2 same parts the stealth have but takes awhile to burn off the old inventory like Shane said so that may take awhile. Not a good time to buy a Gen 2 wait and see if that happens down the road when who knows.

What Shane said plus the redesigned hopper means the auger tube comes in a little differently. The fire pot is redesigned, seems beefier according to owners, and the glow plug holder is redesigned. They added a heat shield along the front side of the cook chamber and put an insulator on the handle to deal with the hot handle problem. Mechanically, there's enough changes to create a distinction between the Gen1/2 and the Stealth. The flavorizer bar flanges are unchanged so susceptible to high heat erosion. Reports are that the redesigned pellet hopper have not fully solved the pellet feed problem. The Gen 2 will remain as is. According to Weber, no attempt was made to make the new design parts backward compatible. All models of the Smokefire run the same software and that's of some significance. Bruno's and my Gen1 Smokefires, with the addition of the welded auger chute assembly and hopper insert are identical to a Gen 2. Because of the software, all versions cook the same. I'm not going to try to understand Weber's strategy and don't think speculating is productive.

Back