Bison Mushroom Swiss Burgers and ABTs

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Found a package of bison in the freezer about a week ago and my wife wanted burgers today so it was the perfect time to use them

She also wanted ABTs so I was happy to oblige! Also threw on a couple of Portobello mushrooms with the gills removed too.

A couple of Bison burgers on the flat top insert simply seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated garlic and onion powder.

Moved the burgers indirect to finish cooking and added a slice of cheese on the burgers and mushrooms. Also warmed up a couple of Kaiser buns

Burgers topped with the mushrooms and resting

Just added steak sauce to my burger and threw on a few ABts

Those look delicious John. Have never had Bison. I am assuming that it is very lean and if that is the case, how does it taste? ABT's and mushrooms look really good. Love that griddle. How do you like it?

Great looking burgers and abt I love those things .what kind of grill grates are those and where did you get that grill insert will they fit on the wsm 22 or the kettle

:wsm22::blackkettle::kingsford::smokeyjoe:

Bison is pretty good I think as long as it isn't overcooked, like the steak sauce idea, great cook John.

Grand Slam right there John. Those burgers are awesome. ABT's and portabellas are a perfect side and make a gorgeous plate.

Great looking burgers and abt I love those things .what kind of grill grates are those and where did you get that grill insert will they fit on the wsm 22 or the kettle

:wsm22::blackkettle::kingsford::smokeyjoe:

they are Craycort Cast Iron grates and the insert is called the Ballistic Griddle insert and can both be found here. http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

I don't have a 22.5 WSM so I don't know if the grates would fit but I would assume so. I am a huge fan of CI so these are perfect for me and I prefer griddled or grilled so once again a perfect fit. I am extremely happy with both products!!!

Back