Birthday Weekend

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
It's unfortunately been awhile since I have been able to post anything here. Doesn't mean I haven't been cooking, just no time to do any updates. Life has been really busy lately between work and going to my sons bootcamp graduation. Post of it here, http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?52841-Sons-Bootcamp-Graduation-Chicago.

This Monday I turn the big 40. I am baffled how quickly it got here. I have been blessed with a great life and family and don't want to change any of it. I was lucky enough that my days off this week fell on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I started Friday out by spending the morning brewing my contribution for a friends upcoming annual party, MeatFest. He sends his wife and daughter out of town for the weekend and anywhere between 50-80 guys all grill/smoke some type of meat and come over to eat, drink beer, smoke cigars and have a great time. Its always impressive to see what some people come up with and bring.

Wife and I went to mexican for a late lunch/early dinner.

I spent the evening hanging out with a few neighborhood friends drinking beer and enjoying a great cigar.

We all stated to get hungry around 11:30 last night, so we fired up the Genesis and cooked up a few rib eyes one of the guys had in the fridge.

Today the only plans wife and I had were, to go to the gym and spend the day in the pool with friends. I wound up grilling burgers with Tatonka Dust and Carnival Chicken on the Performer. We all got cleaned up and went to the Va Beach Funny Bone Comedy Club to see, Mitch Fatel. A really funny guy, but definitely not for everybody. Wife and I used to go see him when he was just getting started in NYC.

When we got home the wife gave me my first present. Vip passes and front row tickets to Dave Matthews Band next month! I think I may have to keep her around for a bit longer ;).

So far this weekend has been amazing and can't wait to see how the rest plays out. No real plans for tomorrow, but I am sure something grilled or smoked will be on the menu along with my incredible family and friends.

Last edited:
Happy birthday. That sounds like an amazing way to spend a weekend! The pics all look awesome, although it looks like somebody accidentally spilled a Corona in your margarita! Haha ;)

Back