Birthday Halibut

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
My wife recently had her birthday. She wanted Halibut for dinner, one of her very favorite meals. To round things out she also wanted artichokes and baked white potatoes. Our local fish market won't have any fresh Halibut until March/April so I had to settle for previously frozen. The fillets were from much smaller fish than the fresh I bought last time. Oh well, any port in a storm. It was a wet and cold and windy weekend so didn't take a lot of pictures.

Got the artichokes and potatoes going first. Used the foil method on the chokes.

enhance

enhance

The fillets were 8 oz. each. Covered with a glaze of butter, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, pepper and chopped garliic.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Overall a pretty tasty dinner. My wife really enjoyed it. The Halibut was good but nothing close the the fresh Alaskan Halibut I bought a couple of months ago. Thanks for looking.

Excellent Cliff! Halibut is one of my favourite fish... and you make it look Awesome!
Happy belated Birthday to your wife!!

Happy belated birthday to the wife, you did good. Halibut season is all but upon us, time to put some new line on the reel

Outstanding cook Cliff. Everything looks fantastic. A Happy belated Birthday to your wife.

Back