Birthday Burgers for the 16 year old!

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
My oldest turned 16 today and wanted some burgers for some friends of his that came over. He called the shots on the prep which included some soy sauce and a couple Spiceology selections! 15FA9669-80E9-4D8D-B7F0-2D70780574D4.jpegI don’t do burgers very often but these turned out a very nice medium! They were devoured! 5D3F312B-8C1A-458E-82D7-9D17FAB2E389.jpeg63B69F44-2161-4172-9ADC-B8896D8B99AF.jpegA535004C-D92B-4B0C-8F71-0C815F409A8E.jpeg

Great looking cook! Happy birthday, kid.

I still remember my late mother making a burger, fries, and Coke party for my 8th. It was hard to forget because one of my friends shook a Coke bottle and when opened it redecorated our dining room ceiling. Guess who didn't have a birthday party at home the next year?!

Great looking cook! Happy birthday, kid.

I still remember my late mother making a burger, fries, and Coke party for my 8th. It was hard to forget because one of my friends shook a Coke bottle and when opened it redecorated our dining room ceiling. Guess who didn't have a birthday party at home the next year?!
Kind of a tangent but when they were about 8-9 yo, we got tired of having the parties different places for the kids. We would spend $400 to have a party at a skating rink, laser tag, party place, etc........ So the kids can get $200 worth of cheap crap gifts from the kids that came. The biggest problem was you never knew how many would show up due to sports, other parties, etc... Even if 20 kids rsvp'd (and you paid for them) you might have 7 show up sometimes.

So I offered my kids, what if I just gave them $300 instead of having a party..... Then they could spend that on something nice they really wanted.... They said hell yes and took it. So that became their expected amount of money for their birthday for the next 10 years ...And we were done having parties for school friends. Well worth it life was much easier without that stupid party. We still always went out to eat with family somewhere they wanted to go, had a good $$$ cake, not a cheap grocery store sheet cake, and a few other gifts too. They always got cash from their uncles too.....so a birthday would net them about $500 cash. Enviable money for kid back then..15 yrs ago.

Last edited:
So I offered my kids, what if I just gave them $300 instead of having a party.....

Why didn't I think of suggesting that to my parents when I was a kid?!?!?!

proxy-image

Back