Birthday bbq

Steve Mac

It's memorial weekend for most of you. But for me it's my birthday. Ribs and wings in the WSM and doing sausages, burgers and skewers in the barrel.

Delighted with my temp management in the WSM today. Kept it between 220 and 240 the whole smoke even on a sweltering hot day. Getting the hang of it I hope.
16223903865062980062549566942602.jpg

Steve, a belated WELCOME and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

DH's niece lives near Galway. She was born and raised here, but when we talk on the phone, I love the Irish sound in her voice.

I also love your back yard, especially the orange chair (my favorite color) lol

.....and hey!! It's your birthday, why are you doing all the cooking?

Steve, a belated WELCOME and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

DH's niece lives near Galway. She was born and raised here, but when we talk on the phone, I love the Irish sound in her voice.

I also love your back yard, especially the orange chair (my favorite color) lol

.....and hey!! It's your birthday, why are you doing all the cooking?
Galway's a great place. I'm the other side of the country myself. The orange and pink chairs are camping chairs - I'm a scout leader so there's a lot of camping gear in the shed. We needed some extra garden chairs for our guests this evening.

As for the cooking - that was my birthday present to myself :)

Happy Birthday Steve! Nice setup, look forward to seeing your cooks!
Forgot to take a pic of the cook. This was my first big smoke + bbq at the same time - so bit frantic getting everything together at the end. Wings were a little overdone - they cooked much faster than expected even at a low temp. But still tasty. Ribs and burgers were lovely though - at least everyone was polite about them anyway!

Back