Bill's Dark Matter Chili

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
After seeing the Rich G thread on Bills Dark Matter Chili I had to try it. Back in the days and maybe I should say way back in the days I used to enter chili cook offs and did fairly well. A few firsts and a few other awards. I remember a lot of the contestants used bakers chocolate but I never did. So this time I gave it a try. I used the leftover point from my last brisket cook.
Have to admit I tasted the chili before I added the chocolate and after and it certainly perked up the flavors of the spices.
No plated pics yet that will happen Monday when we have it for dinner.
Also had to cook on the stove top way to cold and windy for this old man to venture out yesterday.

101_6209.JPG
H

Rich,
That looks really good. You guys making such great food really pushes me to make new stuff. I am eying doing my first brisket and this great chili that you and Rich made is adding momentum to want to do that cook!

Rich, that looks great!! I hope you enjoy the finished product, too.....If you come up with any thoughts on how you would change it to suit you and Barb, let us know. I'm always open to new twists on a recipe!

Rich

Rich, that looks great!! I hope you enjoy the finished product, too.....If you come up with any thoughts on how you would change it to suit you and Barb, let us know. I'm always open to new twists on a recipe!

Rich
Rich, more coming. We will have it tomorrow already added a few things and will know if those worked or not. It's now not contest chili but I need the fiber.... hint hint. :giggle: And again thanks for sharing the recipe.

Rich, more coming. We will have it tomorrow already added a few things and will know if those worked or not. It's now not contest chili but I need the fiber.... hint hint. :giggle: And again thanks for sharing the recipe.
I had a feeling you and Barb were going to sneak some veggies in there! :)

Well we had it last night and it was great. I did add a couple of things to it. A couple of hatch peppers I chopped up and some cooked until clear onion. I also added a can of tri- beans for some texture. Will be making this again as I was told by Barb.

101_6220.JPG

101_6222.JPG

Looks fantastic, Rich (even with all those veggies and beans!) :ROFLMAO: Glad you and Barb enjoyed it!

Rich and Barb

The flavor of your Dark Matter Chili really jumps out at you in this pic.

101_6209.JPG

Back