Best Thanksgiving EVER

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The last few years, Pammi and I hav usually gone camping after the big Turkey dinner with mom and her husband. This year, we were going to go camping just south of Charlotte and dash home Thursday morning and cook the meal for the 4 of us.
But my niece recently moved to Asheville from Maine, and wanted to spend Thanks with us. Not a problem!
However, my sister got to missing her daughter and my great niece got to missing her mom, so they gathered in Asheville last week to visit her. Pammi and I canceled our camping trip as we needed more time to get ready for the larger feast!
My sister, nephew, great niece and her boyfriend came down Wednesday afternoon and we went to a brewery for dinner. 39BC00EE-076E-4D80-BC14-F888DD423D62.jpeg
They spent Wednesday and Thursday night with us.
Now, my mom knew that my niece was going to be here, but had no clue that my sister and everyone else was going to be here!
Here are some pics of that. F14832F2-0AF7-4C27-AC6D-9150216BB5AE.jpegA0340F4B-AC98-426B-9F28-451D0BF7242B.jpegADB35A1E-2A3F-4DDC-9437-06865A025C10.jpeg
Like I said, best Thanksgiving EVER!
I normally will either split or spatchcock the turkey, but with 11 guests we needed a bigger bird! I only got 2 pics, one before I cooked it and one when it was done, and none of the full spread. C7EA44F4-0A7E-4AF7-BEEC-77690EA60AE6.jpeg58F42735-3803-47B0-9596-E592CF089FB6.jpeg
But we did have leftovers even when we sent some home with mom and some more with my niece.
The next day, we road tripped up to Asheville for lunch and some shoppin. This was the crew after lunch in downtown Asheville. A7A33186-2848-4A37-934F-797494EEFABB.jpegA66CED31-1B82-4C79-943B-6793AF17FF9C.jpeg
left to right, that’s me, my nephew Brandon, my sister Lisa, Pammi, great niece Mattaia, boyfriend Travis and niece Melani. Then another with Pammi and Mattaia
Everyone is safely back home now and mom was very happy and wonderfully surpraised!

The last few years, Pammi and I hav usually gone camping after the big Turkey dinner with mom and her husband. This year, we were going to go camping just south of Charlotte and dash home Thursday morning and cook the meal for the 4 of us.
But my niece recently moved to Asheville from Maine, and wanted to spend Thanks with us. Not a problem!
However, my sister got to missing her daughter and my great niece got to missing her mom, so they gathered in Asheville last week to visit her. Pammi and I canceled our camping trip as we needed more time to get ready for the larger feast!
My sister, nephew, great niece and her boyfriend came down Wednesday afternoon and we went to a brewery for dinner. View attachment 63344
They spent Wednesday and Thursday night with us.
Now, my mom knew that my niece was going to be here, but had no clue that my sister and everyone else was going to be here!
Here are some pics of that. View attachment 63345View attachment 63346View attachment 63347
I normally will either split or spatchcock the turkey, but with 11 guests we needed a bigger bird! I only got 2 pics, one before I cooked it and one when it was done, and none of the full spread. View attachment 63350View attachment 63349
But we did have leftovers even when we sent some home with mom and some more with my niece.
The next day, we road tripped up to Asheville for lunch and some shoppin. This was the crew after lunch in downtown Asheville. View attachment 63352View attachment 63353
left to right, that’s me, my nephew Brandon, my sister Lisa, Pammi, great niece Mattaia, boyfriend Travis and niece Melani. Then another with Pammi and Mattaia
Everyone is safely back home now and mom was very happy and wonderfully surpraised!
Looks like a great time was had by all!

The next day, we road tripped up to Asheville for lunch and some shoppin. This was the crew after lunch in downtown Asheville. View attachment 63352View attachment 63353
I think these two pictures say it all, especially that last one. That's wall material.

Phil, that’s wonderful! I would love to see my sisters here for a holiday once in a while. Neither have been here since Mom died, 2013.
I hear you
Pammi's family has kind of done that since her momma died a few years ago
One of her brothers is being a special butt about it, unfortunately :(

Back