Best Rotisserie for the Weber Kettle 22

Hi All, I am looking for a good rotisserie for my Weber kettle 22.5". Most of the reviews I've read say there is a problem with the fit (even with he Weber brand). Does anyone out there know of one that they would recommend?

I would say that hands down the best Roti on the market would be Cajun Bandit. https://www.cajunbandit.com

Their 22.5" roti ring is made of stainless steel and can be purchased as a battery version or a plug in version. The plug in version has a bit more power if you tend to cook heavier hunks of meat. The only downside is that the CB tends to run on the high side of price. If you are purchasing a brand new and it will be your primary roti then it is definitely the way to go. Also, it will stack with Cajun Bandits kettle conversion smoker kit and is set up to work with a 22.5 kettle OR a WSM. If you are patient and subscribe to their mailing list or Facebook page they tend to do a 10% off coupon around the holidays. You just need to be lucky enough that it is in stock when the coupon is active.

If you can find a used Weber Roti on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for under a $100 that isn't a bad pick up. I just can't fathom paying $180 for a Weber porcelain coated Roti when for $20 more you can go stainless steel with added flexibility. People have also happily purchased the Onlyfire Roti for $125ish new, but I can't speak for how durable it is long term and I haven't used it.

I have a Weber unit. It does not fit so well to the kettle. I also have a Cajun Bandit unit. Far superior in quality over the Weber. And the fit to the kettle is as though the folks at Cajun Bandit actually have thought to their design. I've used both and the Cajun Bandit is now my go to.

Check out Spitfire Grilling on Etsy. I don’t have anything from them, but it looks good and has positive reviews. They also have a 3-in-1 version that includes an opening (with a door) for pizza grilling.

I’m considering them for my 26” when I get it.

I should also note that I have the Weber rotisserie for my 22”. It works fine, fit is not great but it doesn’t really need to be for normal rotisserie cooking; I’m generally not smoking with the rotisserie.

IIRC, Weber redesigned the roti ring a few years ago. The original version rested on four welded tabs and did not come close to sealing. The new version appears to set down into the kettle with a lip that goes all the way around. It should seal better. Here's the new version:
09828e33d69f2dadcdfcf332b9704913.jpg

I have the Cajun Bandit for my WSM 22. I like it a lot. It's reversible for use on a WSM or Weber kettle. It has holes drilled for both uses. I taped over the unused holes with high temp flue tape. It seals well enough for me to use my ATC. I would love it if the bracket and spit holes were made to a better standard. It's too difficult to get the roti motor fully seated on the bracket and the spit uses a collar (as opposed to a round cut-out on the spit see photo above near the wood handle) to prevent the spit from coming out of the motor. The combo of fit tolerances in the motor, bracket, hole in ring, collar and rim of the ring make it more difficult than it should be to install and remove the spit. I don't hesitate to recommend it; just know the spit will not go on and off smoothly.

For the last year or so deciding if the purchase of the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie(CBR) is a Grilling Need or only a Desire for my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) Grill. My problem is not the cost(however, must add an additional $200 to the total cost for Costa Rican Customs and Shipping) but where will I place-it when not-in-use. I have a small patio area which houses my 22" WPD, WSM 18""Classic and my Weber Smoky Joe. If I do go-ahead with this purchase I must make a decision to place the CBR on either the WPD or the WSM due to size differences. Also, I have never used a Rotisserie on a charcoal grill in which it appears that Prep Work in tying up some whole chickens or large roasts seem like a lot-of-work and time consuming. I have had much success using the SlowNSear Plus and Vortex in producing some very satisfying grilling morsels like chicken wings, beef and pork roasts, etc. So, will adding a CBR to my Grilling-mix add to my overall future Grilling Adventures??

To answer the OP's question I think the Stainless Steed CBR appears to be a very good unit based on the many positive posts on this and other Grilling Forums.

Last edited:
My problem is not the cost(however, must add around $200 to the total cost for Costa Rican Customs and Shipping) but where will I place-it when not-in-use. I have a small patio area which houses my 22" WPD, WSM 18""Classic and my Weber Smoky Joe. If I do go-ahead with this purchase I must make a decision to place the CBR on either the WPD or the WSM due to size differences. Also, I have never used a Rotisserie on a charcoal grill in which it appears that Prep Work in tying up some whole chickens or large roasts seem like a lot-of-work and time consuming.
[/QUOTE

I have a Performer and an 18” WSM as well. I decided to go with the 22” rotisserie. (Weber-new style) I initially wanted it for large Thanksgiving turkeys and thought the bigger ring would be better.
As far as storage goes, I just keep it on the shelf under the Performer.
Trussing doesn’t have to be difficult, I follow Mike Vroebel’s guidelines.
661DD562-75BB-4CA9-88BF-F10276817775.png

You can also get a hook and just hang it somewhere. If you get yourself a 22 WSM the CB is interchangeable between the kettle and WSM.

DuaneMac and Bill-MO: Thanx for your recommendations and tips and most probably purchase the 22" CBR for my Weber Performer Deluxe around next Labor Day in which they may have a discounted price.

Just placed my order for the Cajun Bandit Battery Rotisserie with AC Adapter for my 22" Weber Performer Deluxe at a 10% Discounted Price. I decided on the Battery-one due to many brown-outs here in the Country of Costa Rica and I plan on buying the Stainless Steel(SS) Electrical Motor with a couple of more SS Forks at a later date.

Last edited:
DuaneMac and Bill-MO: Thanx for your recommendations and tips and most probably purchase the 22" CBR for my Weber Performer Deluxe around next Labor Day in which they may have a discounted price.

If space gets to be more of an issue or you just want more height on your kettle Cajun Bandit's Kettle conversion kit will also stack with the Roti. Glad you caught it with the promo going on. They do it a number of times a year, but sometimes they aren't in stock because people will wait for the sale to buy.

If space gets to be more of an issue or you just want more height on your kettle Cajun Bandit's Kettle conversion kit will also stack with the Roti. Glad you caught it with the promo going on. They do it a number of times a year, but sometimes they aren't in stock because people will wait for the sale to buy.
Bill: Thanx again for the tip and yes as of yesterday when I ordered they only had four(4) Battery types available but had many more with the electrical cord. Also, Thanx to Steve Madden's post above I was able to catch the discounted price on the 2nd promotion day and which I see three(3) Battery-types and thirteen(13) Electrical Cords are available as of this morning.

Last edited:
View attachment 10223
Be sure to post a shot of it in use. Here’s the CBR on my WSM 22. I spun a pork loin.

You’re going to love it!
J Grotz: Real nice Pics and I bet that was a tasty pork loin.

Question, how many coals do you start with in each charcoal holder and after an hour or so do you need to replenish with how many lighted or non-lighted coals to complete the cook for a chicken, beef/pork roast or pork ribs?

Thanx for your input!

Last edited:

Back