Best LITTLE gas grill outside Texas?

As far as the name Genesis & breaking the mold what ever that means. Didn't Genesis blow up in the Star Trek movie? LOL
I hope that the grill has better luck.

London humidity is relatively high... from 60 to 80%. (See link.) I have a 10-year-old Electrolux stainless grill (didn't even know they made grills until I bought it) that hasn't rusted at all, but that's not to say a Spirit wouldn't!

I'm still amazed at all of you out there who would pick the Q3200 above even expensive grills. And you're uber-grillers. So that speaks volumes. I'll just need to fix the wheels.

Why are your replacing your 10-year-old Electrolux stainless grill? It is probably 304 stainless and most grills under $4K are made of less quality stainless.

Why are your replacing your 10-year-old Electrolux stainless grill? It is probably 304 stainless and most grills under $4K are made of less quality stainless.
The Electrolux has never really grilled well... and I'm not sure why. It has stainless grates. And as you say... it's probably good-quality manufacturing and 304 stainless. But the heat distribution isn't uniform. Maybe I need one of you to come to London and figure out how to replace the guts of it with something good. :)

The Electrolux has never really grilled well... and I'm not sure why. It has stainless grates. And as you say... it's probably good-quality manufacturing and 304 stainless. But the heat distribution isn't uniform. Maybe I need one of you to come to London and figure out how to replace the guts of it with something good. :)
Do a video walk through of the grill. Then take off the grates and flavorizers, lite it up and lets see it. Post on YouTube and link here. I would love to check it out.

Those photos and your passionate endorsements are pretty compelling! I shall have a look for one in London and will certainly investigate the four-wheel option. I'd be keen to hear if anyone else has any equally compelling alternatives... but this one sure is winning so far!
Thanks, guys.
What about the Weber Traveler James on this board owns one folds up for easy storage decent capacity has one table on the right side. You can add a large propane tank if you wish. You also could take it with you if you went camping or whatever.

Electroluxe bought those grills from Sure Heat IIRC. Maybe check into that and look for a board with one similar. I seem to recall them being VERY high quality and very good cookers

Hi, guys. Well... I managed to get Weber to agree to sell me left-side legs for a Q3200 (which would enable me to attach castors of my choice to move in and out rather than side to side).

And then I discovered a small KitchenAid grill! The ad says:
  • 2 x 1.2mm premium thickness 304 grade stainless steel burners
  • 445 grade stainless steel hood (seems that 445 is as good or better than 304?)
  • 7mm 304 stainless steel wrapped cooking grids
Anyone know anything about them? I assume they are OEM models made by someone else for KitchenAid.
Thanks for all your help!
-Wayne

Hi, guys. Well... I managed to get Weber to agree to sell me left-side legs for a Q3200 (which would enable me to attach castors of my choice to move in and out rather than side to side).

And then I discovered a small KitchenAid grill! The ad says:
  • 2 x 1.2mm premium thickness 304 grade stainless steel burners
  • 445 grade stainless steel hood (seems that 445 is as good or better than 304?)
  • 7mm 304 stainless steel wrapped cooking grids
Anyone know anything about them? I assume they are OEM models made by someone else for KitchenAid.
Thanks for all your help!
-Wayne
Agree with Jon, the Q is a much better built grill the Kitchen aid firebox is enameled steel that will chip off and rust through with repeated use. 445 SS is inferior to 304.

Sounds like the Q wins... unless others have further insights on the KitchenAid.
Still might need one of you to come to London and try to pimp my Electrolux. The box is great. It just doesn't grill for sh**.

Absolutely loved my Q3200, one of the best grills I ever owned, predictable heat, the ability to do indirect cooking, after the first 5-10 cooks it really settled in temp wise. I rehabbed a beauty Genesis 1000 and gave my Q to my dad, new house has natural gas so I got a 300 genesis ready to go, but If I dont like it ill absolutely get a Q3200 NG

Back