Best LITTLE gas grill outside Texas?

WayneB

Barbeque Gurus... I need some advice...

I live in London. Houses are small here. Apartments are even smaller. I want to find the best SMALL gas grill money can buy. I prefer it to be a Weber as I've been suffering with cheaper imitations for too long. But Weber doesn't seem to understand that there could be a sizable market for a high-end/small-footprint gas barbeque.

Let me explain the space constraints and the requirements:
  • Space: My balcony has an alcove that measures 610mm x 1000mm. (Call it 2ft x 3ft.)
  • Mobility implications: The grill probably needs to be able to wheel itself front to back rather than side to side (which suggests a need for multidirectional casters that are usually found on Spirits and Summits rather than larger wheels usually found on Geneses)
  • Side-tray implications: I probably need to be able to remove at least one (if not both) of the side trays. I'm not too upset about that tradeoff if I can get a great grill.
  • Features: really want a searing feature; would prefer stainless grates but can live without them; would prefer to store the tank in the cabinet (for space and aesthetic reasons); and looks are important

My initial conclusions: They have different models over here and the best grill I can come up with is an E325S (which I don't think they sell in the States). There's an all-stainless version sold elsewhere in Europe but not in the UK (and it seems the stainless hoods on the Spirits is pretty cheap and rusts a lot anyway).

So, gurus... do you have any better options or comments on my predicament/conclusions? I'd buy a Genesis or a Summit if I could make it fit -- but they don't seem to make anything small enough. I could potentially do a custom cabinet and attempt to "build my own" Weber, but that sounds like a pretty major drama. And I do need it to be wheelable.

Would really appreciate your advice! Thanks.
-Wayne

Go with a Q3xxx. Can't go wrong. Best grill Weber makes right now
They get great reviews... but I don't get a searing station and the wheels go the "wrong way" to slide into the alcove. Could be a good backup option, but was really hoping to sear.

Trust me that grill will sear with the best of ANYTHING Weber makes. It's very maneuverable as well. I would not spend the money on the new Genesis (or any other Weber models) FWIW. They're just not worth it. But those Q's (especially the Q3XXX models) are "da bomb". They even sell a rotisserie kit for it. The side tables fold down and out of the way, they can even be had as a NG variant as well. I keep one in my garage and in winter it's my "go to". It rucks away easily, cooks on par with anything, there is even someone in Germany making full 304SS grates for them as well.

I second Larry Q320. Put it on a dolly if you have to. Or buy a Q2XXX or Q1XXX and buy a separate Stainless Cart with 2 casters to keep it on. You don't need a sear station as the grates get to about 700° if on high. Check out Cityescape griller on YouTube.

Late to this party, but I will “third” the Weber Q3200 which was my immediate reaction to your post. These things are wonderful grills that are often ignored. Plenty of grilling space and plenty of searing power as well. Simple to clean with a lot less high maintenance parts. Pretty tough to beat. No, it is not a smoker or low and slow bbq machine, but if you want a GRILL, it’s a top drawer choice😎 and one of the best among Weber’s offerings today.

1D1A8746-E79D-421B-9291-D0D19B18F014.jpegCFD19E2A-0A6F-43F7-BCEA-BD8FC6D49126.jpeg6FEB9F39-82E2-4160-B50A-CB70928976D0.jpeg76C5C748-8FEA-4226-BA7A-712BA696B298.jpeg

Hard to argue with those food pictures. I know the Q's get great reviews, never had one myself but if I had to live in a small place again (always a possibility) I'd definitely go that route ... and I know for a fact that searing is easy if you leave a grill on its highest setting to heat up for tenteen minutes first, then adjust the heat pop on the food, it will sear and come down to the right temp to cook. No need for a high falutin' searing station.

PS I'd be very interested in seeing a picture of a rotisserie setup on one of those ...

I vote for the Q3200 and construct a dolly for it or just add wheels to the end that doesn’t have them. Someone on here has posted that already. Here is a video of how one person did it.

Those photos and your passionate endorsements are pretty compelling! I shall have a look for one in London and will certainly investigate the four-wheel option. I'd be keen to hear if anyone else has any equally compelling alternatives... but this one sure is winning so far!
Thanks, guys.

I like my Q 2000, also have a Q1200. Did have a Q3200 but sold it, regret that I did, and will find another to rehab. Put the Q 2000 on an old Char-Broil stainless bottom, has worked out well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210823_191037505.jpg
    IMG_20210823_191037505.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 11
I like my Q 2000, also have a Q1200. Did have a Q3200 but sold it, regret that I did, and will find another to rehab. Put the Q 2000 on an old Char-Broil stainless bottom, has worked out well.
I love it! I think you should put the shelves back on the Q and have 4 foldong shelves! Funny but when I took apart the last Char-broil for parts the cabinet was in good shape vs the fire box, which was shot. Just the opposite of the Spirits I get. I use the sheet metal for various things.

Ya gotta lotta grills there, Joe! How would you stack up the Q3200 against one of the smaller Napoleon Rogues? :eek:
The Q320 was / is my favorite Weber. I was just checking to see if there was a 2 burner Napoleon for you and the Rogue 365 looks quite nice but have not seen one in person. I have checked out other Rogues and posted pics on one of the threads here. It does come with a 15 year bumper to bumper parts warranty so that is nice. I have the Prestige 500 RSIB and really like it. What ever you decide on report back and let us know how it goes. A Broilmaster with folding shelves will be a lot of money but will fit your bill also.

To tack on to this, I saw mention of rotisserie for these. Its hard to tell from google images, but is this sucker E-W? This could be my answer to rotisserie for my wife.

The Q3200 can be retrofitted for a rotisserie, but I think that if roto work is a desire for you, then a more standard grill would probably be better.

To tack on to this, I saw mention of rotisserie for these. Its hard to tell from google images, but is this sucker E-W? This could be my answer to rotisserie for my wife.
These are very popular in the land down under, but available here on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H6N8P9/?tag=tvwb-20
51e5sGuTKIL._AC_SL1010_.jpg

There ya go. I did not remember where to find it. But, I did find this
Looks like he's got it "goin' on" with that bird

That settles it. You just have to get a Q3xx a couple casters and a roto adapter and your situation will be totally resolved!

Back