weber Q300 series trolley's with 4 wheels

bill h

It is hard to maneuver the weber Q320 around especially with a full 9k-20lb gas bottle. I copied some pictures I saw on the aussie bbq forum. Has anyone seen these new Q trolleys with 4 wheels or know where to get them?

1_zps4d21fa74.jpg

2_zps18107054.jpg

3_zpsbda3dd50.jpg

Bill Freiberger

TVWBB All-Star
I think the two wheel version would be fine if the grill locked into place. It's very difficult to left the one end from the handle. Weber usually does a good design job, but I think they really dropped the ball when it comes to the Q carts.

Bill

KirkD

Why do they get all the good stuff? Sigh....... Weber really does not like us here in the US do they?

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Guru
I think I may have come up with a fairly good solution. I put 2 work bench wheels on my Q320. See pics. I got these from Amazon. The grill is flat and level when wheels are up and moves around much better when wheels are down. 4 wheels where only $20 so really only a $10 fix with 2 wheels left over. The wheels raise the grill 3/4" off the ground and is the best / cheapest solution I could think of so far.

Attachments

• 20201104_112201.jpg
    20201104_112201.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 32
  • 20201104_112218.jpg
    20201104_112218.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20201104_112239.jpg
    20201104_112239.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 29

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Guru
Yes, they stay down. The only thing I'm noticing is since the wheels are not directly under the legs they may not swivel as fast (change direction), but I remember having the same issue on some 4 caster grills. This was quick and easy and about $20. The next option would be to trim off about 1-2" of the legs and mount an L bracket like this guy (even though I bet he didn't, and his grill is now not level)

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Yeah I am kinda anal about the grill being level. So if I did this one I would cut off about an inch, but your mod seems to be best of all. Though I may still do the angle material bracket and simply cut off the bottom inch. Angle grinder makes quick work of that :D

Bruce

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
If you do the angle bracket solution, I suggest you keep the wheels as far to the outsides as possible. I know those Q3xx grills are already a bit top heavy and tend to rock if moving them on non-flat ground.

Jon Tofte

TVWBB Hall of Fame
If you can get another donor Q300 you could just swap out the flat bottom side with another wheel side and have the Aussie version :unsure: .

Jon Tofte

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I suppose that it would not be the best turnaround setup, but the big Q isn't very heavy, so lifting it an inch off the ground to change its direction wouldn't bother me. It would still be a lot easier to move around than the stock US setup.