Best charcoal?

The Jealous Devil is the best.
Right on bro. It is the best. I've been saying that for 4-5 years now. I personally love the start up smell of JD Lump. Actually I hardly notice it anymore & then the smell is gone. Then what you have is the most consistent burning charcoal on the market IMO. Its also a great charcoal for producing great smoke rings over & over.
Devil on everybody

Just started using this lump from Sam's Club called "The Good Charcoal Company". Lump pieces are on the smaller side, but it seems to last as long as Jealous Devil. Price is about $12 for a 15.4lb bag. Only done 2 cooks with it, but impressed so far.

In your experience, whats the best charcoal to use that doesn't have any unappetizing ingredients and keeps a good burn going the longest?
Lol everyone has an opinion and for good reason. IMO B&B cannot be beat. It burns hotter and lasts longer than Kingsford. It can be hard to find BUT I've learned I can always order it from Ace Hardware. I also found that Academy Sports carries it but their website isn't accurate about availability. 17.6 lb bag for $8.99? Yes please!

Has anyone heard of this brand?...

609acae7eed5d3246ef57a3c_TGCC_Bag_Mockup_022221_maponfront_front_nohandle-p-500.png

I picked up a bag this week, and I like it pretty good so far. It looks like branch wood in size.

EDIT: I paid about $12.00 for my bag. It looks to be an economical alternative to JD.
Another thumbs up for this.

Back