Best Accessories For 22" Weber Kettles

$110 CDN and available here:

This looks nice too, just not sure it will stand up to the test of time like some others have said here earlier....the nice wide opening for the SNS basket is what I like the most about it, that killa model you posted earlier thou is made out of quarter inch stainless.....a 9 lb grill lol.

Richard was saying good things about it and he said it was very well constructed. It looks purdy too.......
another Richard was big on another brand too thou

Richard, how is the quality of the SNS Easy Spin Grate? How is it for cleanup? Any negatives? What are all the positives? Sorry...just trying to get a good first-hand review on it! Ha!
I would like to know too but Richard might have a biased review, LOL......He loves the SNS guys and I actually am loving what I have bought from them so far too. I did pick up the drip n griddle pan, it fits really good with the SNS, makes clean up a breeze. I will be doing bacon on it on Thursday for my breakfast for dinner night, doing the bacon on the rack and a possible hash browns and or eggs just on the pan itself, depends how much grease is on there I guess.

One thing I am interested in with regards to the SNS grate is the "easy spin" feature. Saw a couple videos on it and it seems to be interesting when making Hamburgers or Steaks.

Darryl, how do you deal with the griddle pan? Is it non-stick right out of the box or do you need to add a lot of oil or season it first to get it there? Also, if you season it, how is cleanup and what is your process?

I love stainless steel heavy grates too as I have on my Summit....just not sure I can justify the expense to replace something that is 1/4 of the total cost and should last a few years as is. Now if the current grate starts deteriorating...I can see any kind of spend to replace with something preferable.

I have only had the pan about a week and a half I think. So I have really only used it as a drip pan so far. Honestly I want to clean the inside of the kettle as little as I can as far as grease goes. I was watching a guy cook on it and I am not sure about cooking everything on it like eggs. As much as I want to thou, it is made of stainless and I am afraid the pan itself will just be a sticky mess, I am afraid to cook eggs on it without a ton of oil or bacon grease. I do not believe a seasoning is anything that will change this Stainless setup, its not like cast at all and I don't think it will absorb anything. As far as buying another grate for over $100 plus shipping, I may just wait it out. I do want one without that dumb hole in the middle and a wide hinge on it, it would make everything so much simpler but its a cost I can avoid spending at this time. Maybe in the new year when the season changes back I will convince myself to get a nice grill and a rotis. The Weber was $500 and the 2 SNS products I bought are around $300, plus the vortex ( cheaper version ), plus the sear grate, plus the bbq cover puts me into that $1000 range with taxes and shipping and all that. Another $250 on a rotis and another $125 on a grill can easily wait until the new warm season.

One thing I am interested in with regards to the SNS grate is the "easy spin" feature. Saw a couple videos on it and it seems to be interesting when making Hamburgers or Steaks.

Darryl, how do you deal with the griddle pan? Is it non-stick right out of the box or do you need to add a lot of oil or season it first to get it there? Also, if you season it, how is cleanup and what is your process?

I love stainless steel heavy grates too as I have on my Summit....just not sure I can justify the expense to replace something that is 1/4 of the total cost and should last a few years as is. Now if the current grate starts deteriorating...I can see any kind of spend to replace with something preferable.
Burgers on the other hand.......I am pretty excited to " flat top " cook some burgers and see if it compares to the indirect smoke style I have been doing so far......which are fabulous. I think with the amount of fat in the beef there really won't be much of a sticking issue.

I hear ya!

I bought a 18 WSM, the Weber Performer Deluxe and a cover, the SNS, and cheaper vortex. Throw in the charcoal purchases and some small stuff for the WSM and I get what you are talking about!

I have a large flat cast iron griddle that I might try and see if it fits nicely. I have never done breakfast type meals or smash burgers on a grill before.

Main reason I want the drip pan and maybe a different grate is because anything that saves cleanup is thumbs up in my books!

I recently picked up 2 of these. They are a great size and provide many uses. Veg for fajitas or mushrooms for steak. Lots of things like that but the most fun is personal sized Chicago deep dish pizzas.....2, one for the MRS. too. I haven't done them yet but I have done a large one before and man they are tasty. These 2 minis will be the first time with some smoke on the kettle.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00008GKDG/

I would like to know too but Richard might have a biased review, LOL......He loves the SNS guys and I actually am loving what I have bought from them so far too.
I would like to know too but Richard might have a biased review, LOL......He loves the SNS guys and I actually am loving what I have bought from them so far too. I
Due to "IN-MY-EXPERIENCE(IME)" to this date; I am one-happy Weber,SNS,CAJUN BANDIT AND ONE GRILL CUSTOMER.

Last edited:
Due to "IN-MY-EXPERIENCE(IME)" to this date; I am one-happy Weber,SNS,CAJUN BANDIT AND ONE GRILL CUTOMER.

Here is another item I am looking at...thinking of the many options:

And for us Canadians....

The KillaGrilla will be fine using it with the Vortex. It's VERY well built.

The SnS Easy Spin grate is nice for the price, but no where near the heavy duty stainless that KillaGrilla uses.

the new Spider 22 has a lot of potential for the kettle. It's a pellet grill attachment for the kettles. The only reason i haven't pulled the trigger is currently temp options on it go from 200 to 225 to 250 then to 300. I cook around 270 to 275 a lot so that's a big miss for me. otherwise that's got the potential to let kettle owners use charcoal when they want but swap to pellets when they get lazy.

the new Spider 22 has a lot of potential for the kettle. It's a pellet grill attachment for the kettles. The only reason i haven't pulled the trigger is currently temp options on it go from 200 to 225 to 250 then to 300. I cook around 270 to 275 a lot so that's a big miss for me. otherwise that's got the potential to let kettle owners use charcoal when they want but swap to pellets when they get lazy.
How has this thing been out for almost a year and this is the first I am seeing it. Really cool!

As 1 well-respected forum members advised me a while back, its a disaster waiting to happen! Another pointed out no warranty is even mentioned, so if it goes south you're out of luck. Great idea though-but stick to a pellet grille.

I take it this can’t be used with a Performer in any way?
Currently they don't support the performer due to the cart, however there's been a few ppl who have figured out a way around it. Video link HERE (not mine and no affiliation)

The delay for me at the moment is that it's not compatible with the old MT that I had restored. You need at least the new style ash catcher, or no ash cater at all. That said my MT is also starting to have some severe rust issues with it's one touch system so I may just replace it this spring and hope someone picks it up that has the parts to fix it.

Obviously I can't speak to the longevity and yes the no warranty is iffy but it does seem like they're just using widely available generic parts so there's really not a lot to break down that you couldnt replace anyway. Its' really hard to find something in the sub $500 price range that could outperform but we'll see. I'd seriously love to give this a shot this spring and give it a proper review if no one else has tried by then. I just know the people over on reddit (where I learned of it a few days ago) love it.

I have to add one revision too, the company confirmed with me that the kickstarter run of them didnt have 275 but they've since upgraded so 225 and 275 are options.

I can see a few things about that spider that would make you kind of hate it. First off that hopper size is tiny, you would need to be on it, it appears as much as like every two hours or les maybe. Coming from a guy who has dropped green egg money into a traeger and haven't used it since buying this performer.

I can see a few things about that spider that would make you kind of hate it. First off that hopper size is tiny, you would need to be on it, it appears as much as like every two hours or les maybe. Coming from a guy who has dropped green egg money into a traeger and haven't used it since buying this performer.
For now in dealing with the WSM but the YouTube test cooks have only refilled the hopper about once per 8 hours

Back