Belt or Suspenders

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Or both?
I just bought suspenders today because I'm tired of pulling my pants up even with a belt cutting off my circulation below my waist.
Must be that golden years thing?
And for the record I'm a blue jeans/carpenter jeans guy.

When I am working, which is most of the time, it’s a belt - I would be lost without my leatherman and small mag light flashlight conveniently clipped to the belt at my right side.

If I’m wearing a suit or sport coat, I prefer suspenders.

Suspenders all the time, except for bathing suits. They are just more comfortable. Why do you think more construction workers wear overalls instead of carpenter pants that require a belt. Same goes for suspenders.

Belt for me. Here in Northern Virginia most of the suspenders wearers are middle aged to senior age men who are overweight to the point of being obese or near obese.

Depending on what I’m doing, I wear both. A lot of up and down? Definitely both! Just sitting around? Just the belt.
My wife got me some nice leather “snap end” 3/4” wide suspenders for Christmas last year and when snow blowing or cleaning or any “active” up and down movement, they are great! The “connection” at the middle of the back can get a bit warm under a jacket but, I really hate pulling up trousers every fifth step!

I always wear a belt with jeans or shorts. The only time I wear suspenders is when I am Cowboy Action Shooting.

Thanks to my svelte 230lb body I typically do both. Especially when I am "carrying" inside the waistband. Suspenders just simply make it more comfortable to be armed

Thanks to my svelte 230lb body I typically do both. Especially when I am "carrying" inside the waistband. Suspenders just simply make it more comfortable to be armed
Same here for the same reasons, especially in the winter where my I carry a larger 🔫, an extra magazine, and a flashlight on my belt and a knife, keys, coins and a wallet in my pockets

It's always been belt for me, but I've thought about suspenders because I'M TIRED OF PULLING UP MY JEANS! At 74 it's hard to make that change, but I have to admit how much sense it makes.
Rich, you should really try a pair, at least for doing chores around the house and yard. Get a wider pair with rugged clasps so they will handle the ups and downs. Yes, we are all enablers here. 😆

It's always been belt for me, but I've thought about suspenders because I'M TIRED OF PULLING UP MY JEANS! At 74 it's hard to make that change, but I have to admit how much sense it makes.
I tore out the belt straps on numerous jeans just pulling up my pants.
I'm tired of that and not trying to make a fashion statement , just doing what is comfortable.

Why do you think more construction workers wear overalls instead of carpenter pants that require a belt. Same goes for suspenders.
Being in the trades, insulated bibs we all wear in the winter time when working outside, but in nice weather carpenters wear carpenter pants ( heck I worked residential for 33years building semi custom homes) we wore cut offs and rarely wore shirts.
But then OSHA got involved.
Plumbers and fitters like the bibs year round.

Yep, love mine except they say "Estwing" on them. Wife brings them home for me :D
She works for them? Nice !
Great tools made in USA along with Vaughan.
That was my go to framing hammer, still have it hanging in the garage, sharp enuff to shave the hair off your arms.

Back