Beercation 2024

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We celebrated mom’s 90th last month during our annual traveling family reunion that we call Beercation. Lots of good food was consumed along with plenty of adult libations!

My oldest sister got here on mom’s birthday to officially kick things off. We had grilled chicken and cauliflower tomato fritters. Very tasty! I’d brought my griddle home from the camper to do some maintenance on it and it did great!IMG_4793.jpeg

The next day we had some chicken quesadillas with homemade sourdough tortillas! Once again, the griddle makes short work of this! IMG_4797.jpegIMG_4798.jpeg
The next day we had a pork loin roulade filled with spinach and cheese. Pammi made a tomato pie to go with it
IMG_4800.jpeg
IMG_4801.jpegIMG_4802.jpeg

Pammi made a delicious breakfast the next morning. Bacon, sausage, tomato/potato pie and blueberry scones!! Soooogood!
IMG_4803.jpegIMG_4804.jpegIMG_4805.jpeg We usually do a big cookout with pulled pork, beans and my kitchen sink macaroni salad on the last night(Friday) of beercation, but we had tattoos scheduled. So a rare Thursday pulled pork!

Smoked for about 18 hours with a simple homemade rub, it turned out great as always!
IMG_4806.jpegIMG_4809.jpegIMG_4807.jpeg
IMG_4808.jpeg

The next day was family tattoo day. We’ve decided that the guy here in Charlotte is our favorite tattoo artist, so he gets most of our business. None for mom, her doctor said no!
But here’s what the rest of us got
Pammi

IMG_4813.jpeg
My sister Jennie
IMG_4814.jpegIMG_4815.jpeg
My sister Lisa
IMG_4820.jpeg
My brother Ted
IMG_4819.jpeg
My niece Melani
IMG_6576.jpeg
Her daughter Mattaia IMG_6564.jpeg
Her boyfriend Travis
FullSizeRender.jpeg
And last, but not least, mine. I already had the DD214 tattoo and he added the sergeant stripes IMG_4821.jpeg

Those tomato pies are amazing, recipe? ( asking for you know who ) wink, wink. :)
She said that she sliced and roasted some tomatoes. We got some yummy heirloom tomatoes from the farmers market. She then layered them with cheese in a par cooked pie shell
It can be served warm or room temperature

Back