Beef Ribs - Second Go

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
really liked those beef ribs a few weeks ago, so made them again. enjoy figuring new meats out on the pit.... times, techniques, seasonings (beers, knives hehe). but these were just some of my side-shows for the outlaw's short afternoon visit on Saturday (wife's family) so there was no pressure to perform. they all disappeared though.

started with a dusting of webers steak and chop mix. then to the pit, bone side up. 2 hours into the 4-hour cook I hit them with some larry's (Lawry's is too hard to say esp after a few frosties) and wrapped them in foil. a local texas mesquite lump B&B got the call for the fire today.

on long cooks (3+ hours) i make a bed of large lumps that will burn a long time with some wood chunks, i pour my lit coals over the top and add a few more black lumps and chunks of wood. then... as always... man make fire.

thanks for looking.

don't lift the lid...

So.....how'd they taste? I mean , they look amazing but what did you think of the flavor ?

...with some wood chunks, i pour my lit coals over the top and add a few more black lumps and chunks of wood...
what type of wood did you use? Looks like apple in the basket from here...

Frank. The taste is great beef, all the meat is near the bone. I didn't get a pic after I took them out of the foil when they were moist, these pics looked kinda dry.
Jim. Although I do like to use apple, this is mesquite.

Your beef ribs look great. I haven't had much success myself with beef ribs. All bone and a little sinewy meat. Better revisit.

Back