Beef Ribs and Wifes Suprise Ending

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
beef ribs just aint something ive done much of. great weather forced me to bbq 3 times this weekend... found a nice package of beef ribs at the store so what the hell. it was a total guess on just how to bbq them and how long to leave them on the pit. ended up with a 3 1/2 hour cook: 1 hour indirect bones down, 1 hour indirect bones up, 1 hour wrapped in foil bones up, and the last 30 mins unwrapped and more wood for smokey finish. used mesquite this time. this is basically what I do for my babyback pork ribs so figured it might be a good start. turned out pretty dam good - and tender. better than I thought cause we all ate too much. not to mention the surprise ending of what the wifey made... I put a big dent that dish.

the champagne was just a random celebration of a normal day, sometime you gotta just stop and live the moment. hehe we ended up having 3 bottles.

and the wife's awesome chicken and rice casserole...

don't lift the lid...

You guys make a great team.
Good looking ribs.
3 bottles sounds like and evening of fun and laughter.

Those ribs look super before the cook, nice looking cuts there. After the cook, well lets just say you nailed Jak, beautiful!

I smoked my first beef ribs a little over a month ago. it has become one of my favorite things to smoke right now

Back