Beef chilli

RichardWhitmill

TVWBB Member
Did a big bike ride on Sunday and was very tired. It was a bank holiday this Monday and good weather so despite tiredness I was determined to bbq.

Smoked a small piece of brisket and just gave it a quick rub with a spice blend from a previous cook (can't remember what was in it). Fired up the WSM and ran it quite hot about 150c. Used heat beads for this cook and was impressed. I have a thread on UK charcoal so will update that.

Made up a chilli sauce of morito, ancho and guajilo. Some fresh sage and oregano from the garden plus bay. Pork stock as I had some in the freezer. A good splash of Henderson's Relish which is made in Sheffield and way better than Worcestershire Sauce (fighting talk I know but fierce hometown loyalty!).

After 2 hours of smoke I threw the beef into the pot. Gave it three more hours (only a small piece). Was nice and tender with some bite but not pulling territory so sliced and added back to the pot.

Made some corn tortillas and a simple salsa. Was good eating! Could definitely refine the recipe but suited me to just throw some stuff in a pot and leave it!
1000004643.jpg1000004644.jpg1000004642.jpg1000004649.jpg1000004651.jpg1000004652.jpg

Attachments

• 1000004653.jpg
    1000004653.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 4
the real question is, what pint did your drink with it! looks great. interesting take on a brisket cook.
Yeah I am working my way up to a full brisket cook so this helped experiment a bit as it was a small piece.

And no pint this time! Usually it's beer all the way but getting more into wine recently, this was a nice Italian red.

Back