BBQ Leftovers

Kurt

TVWBB Pro
Last 2 smokes I intentionally made xtras so I could vaccuum seal and freeze for later consumption... First go round at eating some leftovers for lunch was today .... Pulled pork sammies (used onion and poppyseed Pepperidge Farms buns which were excellent)... Just dropped the thawed out vacuum sealed bag into a pot of near boiling water for a few minutes .... Juicy tender and delicious.... Doctored up some bottled bbq sauce... Quick and easy meal...

Next up, ribs... Have an extra rack of "dry" ribs vaccuum sealed for next Sundays lunch ....

Will definitely continue with PP when I got da extra room on the smoker!!!

Does pepper stout beef ... Freeze and reheat well???
Yes it does Kurt. I remove from the juice and vacuum bag the meat/peppers and pour the gravy in ice trays and freeze. Then pop out and put in a bag and label.

My last three smokes, I've been doubling the meat (butt & brisket) for the 18 hrs of time and effort (start to complete clean-up) then freezing (1lb brisket chunk, 2 lbs pulled pork/bag) what I don't use within 5 days.

My last three smokes, I've been doubling the meat (butt & brisket) for the 18 hrs of time and effort (start to complete clean-up) then freezing (1lb brisket chunk, 2 lbs pulled pork/bag) what I don't use within 5 days.

that is smart thinkin' right there :p

Can't wait to try leftover ribs for lunch tomorrow... Vaccuum sealed dry ribs... Just thinking of dropping pack in near boiling water for a few then chowing down.?!.?! Any thought on reheating ?

I just got a food save at Christmas and started freezing food. I like the idea of dropping the PP into boiling water. I usually save the pork in 1lb zip lock packs to make beans. Cant wait to start trying this.

is there a reason you thaw yours before boiling? I just throw the frozen bag in the boiling water for 25 minutes and comes out perfect everytime. I also use the FoodSaver brand bags which seem thick enough and never have any problems yet

BBQ nachos are a favorite of ours, and as freezing goes, another thing you can do with a little pulled pork is prep and freeze some ABT's, as in the "pineapple pulled pork ABT" recipe I posted on the appetizer forum last week. Then you have some ready-to-smoke appetizers for whenever you get the urge.

One of the major pluses of BBQ is the ease with which it re-heats. I just got word that my daughter and her family is going to visit this spring. I plan on doing ribs and possibly pulled pork before they get here. This avoids spending time cooking that would be better spent with the grand kids (and their parents). We'll have the benefit of the great food without having to put forth great effort that might interfere with their visit.

It seems like a Win-Win to me...

Dale53

I save the drippings that form in the foil, put it in the freezer for a while to skim off the fat and then freezed the drippings. When I reheat brisket of pulled pork from the freezer, I add some of the frozen drippings to it. Usually turns out pretty good. Not as good as the day of the smoke, but pretty good.

Making pepper stout beef this weekend.... Gonna make extras to freeze up for later based on earlier post on different thread Can't wait! My local butcher shop has chuck roasts for $2.99 a pound... Gonna also try the pineapple cream cheese ABT from APP section

Last edited:

I agree that the time and effort creates a situation where it's good to cook and freeze more than you might otherwise. I would suggest, however, that you freeze what you're going to freeze right away. While still good after 5 days, it's better on day one or two and that is the best time to preserve it. My wife and I put up all but what we think we're going to eat in a few days. It's great just going to the freezer for pulled pork and a quick meal.

Back