BBQ joints with T-Shirts for sale on-line

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
J'ever try to buy a t-shirt online from a BBQ joint ?

I have. Many times. Almost a hundred times (see my closet)

What really boils my ribs are: when i find a GREAT "GOTTA HAVE" SHIRT, the shipping cost is completely ridiculous...

for example:
Kreuz Market in Lockhart Texas.... 18+bucks for a 20 dollar shirt.
and Kreuz ain't alone...

Stonie's in Missouri... a whopping 22 bucks for a 10 buck shirt!

Blacks BBQ also in Lockhart... $15.57 for a $15 shirt

Big Bob Gibson BBQ in Decatur Alabama... nearly 9 bucks to ship a 20 buck shirt.

Lillie's Q in Chicago (90 miles from here).... over 19 bucks for another 20 buck shirt.

crazy. just crazy.

You are right Jim. Out of curiosity, what is the normal shipping service they are using. To quote my late business partner, they are very proud of their shipping ability. If they sell enough shirts, at those prices, it sounds like a profit center. It is also interesting that you are paying to be able to advertise their business.

It is also interesting that you are paying to be able to advertise their business.
yeah, i know....
umm, most use ground UPS...
and mny are 2 day delivery, probably because many ship food that needs to get home in time for refrigeration.... but i'm not positive about that....

and another thing i found kinda interesting... most t-shirt sellers (other than BBQ places) will add an additional $2 for a DOUBLE EXTRA (XXL) LARGE or larger shirt... i've only come across a few BBQ sites that follow this sort of practice. Perhaps they're expecting many of their patrons to wear a XXL or larger size :p

Last edited:
Jim, for a t-shirt, all they have to do is stick the shirt in a large envelope and send it via USPS. Wouldn't cost them more than $1.75. It will get there fast and we wouldn't feel ripped of for high shipping.

Bob, i'll be more than happy to pay say... 8 bucks for delivery... more than that to me seems a bit too high.

I have experienced that as well and find it often with small items. You search and get to their site based on the advertised price only to find out that shipping is outrageous. In the case of the BBQ shirts, I bet there is a member on this board near those establishments that wouldn't mind putting one in the mail for you. If I lived near on of those places, I'd work something out with you. Maybe this thread will stir an offer or two.

Last edited:
I that as well and find it often with small items. You search and get to their site based on the advertised price only to find out that shipping is outrageous. In the case of the BBQ shirts, I bet there is a member on this board near those establishments that wouldn't mind putting one in the mail for you. If I lived near on of those places, I'd work something out with you. Maybe this thread will stir an offer or two.

I've done that exact thing for some forum members in the UK and Australia and here in the US. Not a bad idea if someone is close to one of these BBQ joints maybe they can help out.
I agree with Jim though shipping costs are killing the mail order business for me, more to ship than the cost of the item.

Back