BBQ Chicken & Lampe Potatoes

Ted M (FatEddy)

TVWBB Super Fan
After seeing Jim's post with the potato galette, I had to give it a try. I'm glad I read through the recipe he linked because I was planning to use a stainless sauté pan and the author explained it didn't really work. My non-stick pans (T-Fal) are only oven proof to 350, so I could not use them. So I dug through the closet of death (you know, you open the door and everything falls out on you) and found an old non-stick top of frittata pan someone gave to us as a gift. (the bottom part of the pan was ruined long ago in some disaster of a cooking experiment gone bad).
Enough of my rambling...

Three very large bone-in chicken breasts on the grill. Indirect for 40 mins. Sauced up with Rufus (This stuff is awesome). The chicken was brined for 3+ hours. and then dusted with Penzy's Galena Street.
IMG_0513_zpsf71410fd.jpg

Two pounds of Buttercream potatoes sliced on a mandolin. First time I used them, they are pretty close to Yukon Golds.
Spuds out of the oven.
IMG_0514_zps5e728fff.jpg

Chicken off the grill got a couple mins of direct to firm up the sauce.
IMG_0517_zps650438f6.jpg

The galette turned out
IMG_0519_zps39501aba.jpg

Plated with brussel sprouts sautéed with shallots and bacon. Baked beans were a backup if the galette failed :p
IMG_0527_zpsac5327a9.jpg

The galette was very good, I might cut back on some of the butter next time and add maybe add some parmesan cheese at the end of the cook

Ted, outSTANDING cookin' Dude!!! EXCELLENT!!

Beautiful cook Ted!
Lampe authentic, from the RT sauce, right down to the sprouts!
Great pics too!
boyOHboy did Bob get that right! L♥VE the Rufus sauce, I'm out butt holeySmokers, it's GREAT STUFF!!!
Glad to see others using his creation!

Chicken and sides look delicious!! I need to give the Lampe potatoes a try.
now you folks need to know I did not invent these taters.... so you can not call them mine. :p Thank you

Back