BBQ Across America map

I can't disagree with brats for Wisconsin. I think they're the automatic choice for any of these state-based food maps!

Yeah, the map generalizations are quite simplistic. I checked out the video clips and ya learn something new every day. One guy simply gets his ribs wet with water before putting on the rub. Also, evidently Harry Soo isn't the only one glazing ribs in the foil.

I tend to laugh at the effort to associate bison with Wyoming. Every time Food Network or some magazine does a "Best Burger in All 50 States" type of deal, it always comes down to a horrible bison burger for Wyoming. You will never see a right minded Wyoming local order a bison burger. Never. Wyoming ranches supply beef to some of the best restaurants in the world. French Laundry and El Bulli both have used Wyoming beef.

I split a cow from a ranch north of town once a year with my neighbor. The idea of going in on a side of bison has never come up, no matter how many beers find their way out of their cooler.

Whoever chose rib tips for Illinois is completely clueless! Illinois, the state where George Stephen invented the Weber grill that
reinvented the idea of backyard bbq across the country and now much of the world, and thats the BEST they can come up with?
Illinois should be steaks and chops and chicken and ribs and burgers and dogs and anything that can be grilled or Q'ued.

Back