Barbeque: The Weber Tradition

G Schafer

TVWBB Pro
I went to my mom's house for a birthday lunch and happened to come across the cookbook from my dad's grill. I thought some of you might be interested in a little Weber history, so I scanned it from cover to cover. (72+ pages, including all the blank pages at the end for notes)

Looks like the 4th printing from Feb 1987
Here are some previews:

IMG_20210306_181736642.jpgIMG_20210306_181753695.jpgIMG_20210306_181721706.jpg

I went to my mom's house for a birthday lunch and happened to come across the cookbook from my dad's grill. I thought some of you might be interested in a little Weber history, so I scanned it from cover to cover. (72+ pages, including all the blank pages at the end for notes)

Looks like the 4th printing from Feb 1987
Here are some previews:

View attachment 23713View attachment 23716View attachment 23711
Thanks so much for sharing this! That picture of a very early Genesis is so nice because it is bright and clear. It gives a restorer something to aim for!

Thanks so much for sharing this! That picture of a very early Genesis is so nice because it is bright and clear. It gives a restorer something to aim for!
I'm glad we still had that cookbook. It's kind of nostalgic because I was the first one to read it when we unpacked that grill on Christmas in 1987.
I sent Chris A. the pdf file and when you see it, you will be surprised. Weber wanted the buyers to pull off some pretty cool recipes! Definitely upscale!

Gerry

That is great history. I have a Silver B with a white plastic binder with recipes. Another lucky FB marketplace find. That sentimental value is priceless. I will pass mine down to my grand boys ....we ars already teaching them how to cook. I am drawing up some ideas on a 26 performer. I have resources to get as creative as i want. I have an extra bowl from the leg sockets warranty. What is the perfect setup? My personal must are centered on the frame and lid lefts up hinged in the back. I would love creative ideas. For any weber honestly.

Back