Bacon wrapped, jalapeno chicken thighs

Lynn, what the heck is in them? They look delicious. And where did you get those pans?

Duh, I don't think I even looked at the title. How silly of me. lol

Thanks for all the info. and the link. We will be getting that pan.

Its boneless skinless chicken thigh, wrapped around half of a jalapeno filled with cream cheese, then bacon wrapped around the outside of the thigh.

Its a Milton mini loaf pan , keeps the thighs from spreading out during the cook

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FL62D1C/?tag=tvwb-20

And the other is just a half wire rack inside a half aluminum pan .
Damn it I ordered one! 😂 I’m doing this with chicken breast ASAP!

I'm a little confused about the cook (which looks and sounds wonderful) ! Did you cook in the mini loaf pan, and then some more on the rack inside the aluminum pan? Or was the rack just used for resting?

Thanks for sharing, it looks great! Like Rich I will order the pan and then try to find a place to put it.

I'm a little confused about the cook (which looks and sounds wonderful) ! Did you cook in the mini loaf pan, and then some more on the rack inside the aluminum pan? Or was the rack just used for resting?

Yes, when they hit around 165, put them on the wire rack and add rub, then back on the Kettle to set the rub. I ran into a problem there, I did not have enough coal left and the Kettle was under 200* . I did not get it all set.

I pretty much followed Malcolm Reed's guide here, except I did not sauce them at the end, and his cooking times are a lot different from mine. When I've done this , they've cooked a lot faster. He says to look in on them after 45 minutes, for me, its more like 30 minutes.

Back