Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
A little over a week ago Robert made a great post, talking about the beef tenderloins he'd gotten at Wal Mart. I had to try them as I was intrigued over his comments and the price. I went to Wal Mart and there were two types to select from, one labeled "Filet of Beef" for $3.99 and the other was "Filet Mignon" for $5.99. I "splurged" and got the $5.99 pack. As Robert mentioned, there are two filets in a pack, for a combined weight of 10 oz. I grilled them last night and they were fantastic. Great flavor and extremely tender. For the price, you can't go wrong. I guess the only downside is their size. For you younger guys with voracious appetites, one would probably not do the job. Anyway, I combined these with a couple bakers and a grilled veggie mix. Delicious!

Got a couple of nice bakers going on Smokey.

Got veggies ready for grill in cast iron tray. Just a little oil, rbp, onion, yellow squash and some pineapple chunks for contrast.

Since the brewery is practically in my back yard, I had a few of these.

Filets ready to go with just a little salt and pepper.

Filets on grill and veggies getting done.

Veggies all done.

Plated and ready to go.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That looks so good, I think I will have to make the same for dinner. A nice day in SE. WI to cook a steak. It hit 50 degrees on my thermometer!

Great looking cook. Thanks for sharing. Would you mind revealing the brand and size of the cast iron dish you used. I am in the market for a small size dish and yours is just what I am looking for. Thanks again.

Great looking cook. Thanks for sharing. Would you mind revealing the brand and size of the cast iron dish you used. I am in the market for a small size dish and yours is just what I am looking for. Thanks again.

Anthony... It is a Lodge, 1 qt., oval Serving Dish. Had a hard time finding it and finally got it at a kitchen specialty place here. If you don't see it Lodge website has them.

Great looking steak! I was looking for this very thing: "bacon wrapped filet mignon." But I wonder, how do you get the bacon to stick on the side? Is there a post that explains how to do it? Is there string?

Nicely done my friend...now I'm looking around for a fork and knife to dig into one of those plates! I agree with the beverage also!

I almost got those today at Wally's, now I wish I had. Great looking meal though. Maybe next week.

Cliff;
Happy to see you enjoyed the filets! Right now, it's about the "Best Buy" out there for quality beef! Downright GOOD!

Excellent cook and thanks for sharing with us!:cool:

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back